Home

THQ and WWE in Partnership Through 2017

This is a discussion on THQ and WWE in Partnership Through 2017 within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2012, 07:02 PM   #17
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: THQ and WWE in Partnership Through 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
No because I want a yearly wrestling game. If it goes to another company you are looking at minimum of 2 years. If its EA, then we know what that means. Has nothing to do with who I know. Most of my buddies from THQ are long gone, if not all of them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I don't mind the THQ/Yukes has the game until 2017. But the thing is they keep putting things in the game that fans never ask for. Comeback moments is one of them. Stuff like that doesn't make the game fun. THQ need to go back to what work for them in the first place. They need to go back to the days of Here Comes the Pain. That what made the game so fun to play. But now days THQ is trying to add so much stuff to the game that no one wants is making the game boring. Plus they are limiting us in a lot of areas. People want to see THQ allow us to fight from the ringside to the backstage area like we could do back in HCTP days with tons of weapons. Bottomline THQ needs to go back for what work for them in the first place. But they keep on going the wrong direction in a lot of areas of the game. But hopefully WWE13 will prove to be good. But just like with the comeback moment in WWE12. Don't like the idea of the WOW moment neither. Sounds just like another gimmick to me. Instead of stuff like that. Just make the game playable and fun like in the past and the game will sale itself.

Last edited by PantherBeast_OS; 06-19-2012 at 07:05 PM.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:30 PM   #18
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Is sharing CAW's in WWE12 not fully possible? What are the liimtations? That stinks if that's the case. I haven't fired it up yet, but had planned on it possibly tonight or tomorrow.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:06 PM   #19
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Is sharing CAW's in WWE12 not fully possible? What are the liimtations? That stinks if that's the case. I haven't fired it up yet, but had planned on it possibly tonight or tomorrow.
Theoretically, it is fully possible to share created superstars, created finishers, created storylines, created rings, created highlight reels, and so on.

In practice, it's not fully possible to share all that user content because THQ's servers are the worst servers I have ever interacted with in my recreational video game playing career.

THQ's infrastructure _must_ get better.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:20 PM   #20
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHooe
In practice, it's not fully possible to share all that user content because THQ's servers are the worst servers I have ever interacted with in my recreational video game playing career.

THQ's infrastructure _must_ get better.
I'm quoting this purely for emphasis. Sadly, it is not hyperbolic. At all.

Last edited by SmashMan; 06-20-2012 at 09:47 PM.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:05 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
Respectfully, I disagree. Not many modes have the ambition of Universe Mode, and gameplay (especially CPU v CPU) was great in '12. Could it use some competition? Sure. But I don't think THQ has done a poor job with the series at all.
I'm gonna agree with this post. All in all, I enjoy what I'm getting from THQ's WWE series. I think Universe Mode is a great addition to the series.

Surely, tho, the game needs some severe polishing. The game seems pretty poor in the quality assurance department.

But all in all, I'm enjoying the WWE series.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2012, 09:59 AM   #22
MVP

RyanLaFalce's Arena

OVR: 0

As long as they keep improving from year-to-year with each game, and add SPECIAL GUEST REFEREE, then I will continue to buy WWE games until 2017. I'm still playing WWE 12 and I got in on release day!
Old 06-22-2012, 07:04 PM   #23
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Holy hell you all weren't lying. These servers are atrocious. Even IF I get to download a CAW... the game will freeze, making me restart after it's downloaded. PS3 by the way.
Old 06-22-2012, 07:11 PM   #24
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Holy hell you all weren't lying. These servers are atrocious. Even IF I get to download a CAW... the game will freeze, making me restart after it's downloaded. PS3 by the way.
The servers do seem to work with nonzero reliability if you log on late at night. I'm talking after 11PM EDT. But it's still pretty shaky. It's easily the most disappointing part of the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »