Home

Five Reasons to Be Excited for NCAA 13: #4 Scouting Gems and Busts

This is a discussion on Five Reasons to Be Excited for NCAA 13: #4 Scouting Gems and Busts within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2012, 11:42 AM   #17
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Five Reasons to Be Excited for NCAA 13: #4 Scouting Gems and Busts

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
No, I read that there are BIG swings. I read somewhere the swing is as high as 20-22 pts.
I think a gem/bust will be so if there is a -/+ 6 Ovr pts.
Cool. Good to know.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 06-20-2012, 11:46 AM   #18
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31
I've wanted this for years. Scouting players is a huge deal in college sports, and I love the huge point swings a recruit can take. It makes the mode deeper and more interesting than the roulette and blind point-giving. Hopefully, this spruces things up on that front, because the past few years, I've ended up letting the CPU take over my recruiting, as it was a snooze-fest.

Does anyone remember the old EA Sports NCAA Baseball recruiting? Where they had a graph showing where the player is now compared to his peers, and as you got better as a coach, you can see where he could compare in a few years. For instance, you might have a guy who is great starting out as a freshman, but as everyone catches up to him, he'll be a middle-of-the-road type, who will get lost amongst the crowd. Conversely, you might take a flier on a guy who has good peripherals, but doesn't have the measurables yet, and he becomes a stud his junior and senior years. I wish they would do something similar to this with a few tweaks to bring it up to date. I know they have a progression system now, but it's nearly impossible to at least forecast where a player/recruit will end up...even if you give them loads of playing time.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:54 AM   #19
Pro

patsfan1993's Arena

OVR: 8

This has the potential to be a fantastic addition, but I want to see how it is done. I am concerned the CPU will "know" the gems and busts, and thus indicate who they are by having the CPU recruit players they should/shouldn't given their respective star ratings.

I.E. FSU, Bama, USC, OU, etc recruits a 1 star QB; or nobody but bottom tier Sun belt schools recruiting a 5 star QB.

If that doesn't happen this will be a welcomed addition.
Old 06-20-2012, 12:19 PM   #20
MVP

BoomerSooner11's Arena

OVR: 19

This has got me really excited, I've been wanting this for years.
Old 06-20-2012, 01:00 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1
My mind is all over the place with this post so bear with me:

1. Does anyone actually believe that the ratings matter as it relates to gameplay? A WR rated at 75 is not that much different than a 90 rated guy. It matters with QBs, but honestly, I don't see the rating difference throughout each postion.

2. Does this mean that it will still take 45 min - 1 hour to recruit? Recruiting has become a real chore for me and it takes away from the game. I remember back in the day I could get a whole season done in about a day or so...now it takes forever.

3. If this does work as intended, wont it mean that we can just scout 3-4 star recruits and get a good coach instead of focusing on 5-star guys?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2012, 01:06 PM   #22
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

I still think this is one game where a potential rating could really be beneficial. That way, when recruiting, you'd have to ask yourself "Do I go after this guy who is ready to play but has a lower ceiling, or do I go after this project who is no where near ready, but has the potential of a great player?"

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Old 06-20-2012, 01:12 PM   #23
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier12
Not really sure I like that they are labelled as busts or gems before they even play a down. Will busts still turn into stars if they are successful or can gems be slow in progression as they age?
this is what i'm wondering too.

all be it, it's a bit confusing to me. take the posted pic, the highlighted guy has an OVR of 80. does that mean once he signs he might come in as a 60, or then again potentially come in as a 90?

so you recruit as you did last year, then just wait and see?

i do agree though, it makes recruiting more interesting and life like with the bust potential. God knows we've seen a ton of it at QB in Neb.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 06-20-2012, 01:15 PM   #24
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
This should be a great addition. Hopefully will prevent teams from becoming powerhouses in one year.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »