Home

Five Reasons to Be Excited for NCAA 13: #2 Phone Calls Are Back!

This is a discussion on Five Reasons to Be Excited for NCAA 13: #2 Phone Calls Are Back! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2012, 02:22 PM   #17
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Five Reasons to Be Excited for NCAA 13: #2 Phone Calls Are Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPTryder1536
It's not even a receiving fullback, its a 5 star blocking fullback.
It's clear that we can not win. They finally fix the recruiting system, but they break the recruits. Last year they finally had it pretty good on the amount of high rated recruits, at least as far as stars go. Yes, there should have been some 5 star o-linemen, but for years there had been 5 star fullbacks and kickers and they finally got rid of it because it was realistic. Why get rid of something that was actually correct?
Old 06-22-2012, 02:33 PM   #18
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

It's weird to read posts where people are saying that they liked roulette(I liked it too), because it seems like everyone here for the last couple of years was relentlessly complaining about how much they hated it.

The way it is now is really the best way to do it though. Some coaches are probably ultra aggressive in steering the conversation to their strengths, while others soft sell, letting the recruit and his family set the agenda.

It's nice that you get a little bonus if you let the recruit pick the topic, it makes sense that he would feel more positively toward a coach who would let him talk about the things that he is most interested in.

With the tweaks that have been made to recruiting, I don't think that its going to be a cakewalk for the User to just load up on top classes. I saw a little vid on TSO showing phone calls to a couple of different recruits. If a recruit doesn't care about a topic, you're hardly going to get any points for it, even if you've got a high grade in that category.

With playstyle, proximity, and playing time being more important than ever, the ultra dynamic nature of those pitches, will create an additional challenge. The TSO guys have also mentioned that they successfully lobbied for Heisman level recruiting to be even tougher than it was last year, and last year I thought it was pretty solid.

All the complaining that takes place on this board can sap some of one's enthusiasm about the game(I know that I've been bummed about the CPU option still being crappy), but this list has reminded me that I will still have a hell of a lot of fun playing this title.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 06-22-2012, 03:16 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 4

you don't get credit for fixing something you screwed up in the first place
Old 06-22-2012, 03:18 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
All the complaining that takes place on this board can sap some of one's enthusiasm about the game(I know that I've been bummed about the CPU option still being crappy), but this list has reminded me that I will still have a hell of a lot of fun playing this title.
I agree. I'm finding myself mostly just glancing at threads to get the actual info or read the articles but I hardly read any of the debate going in in threads anymore.

I'm not the first one to say it but finding OS some 10 years ago has been both a blessing and a curse as far as enjoying these games. You get much more info but issues are also pointed out to you that you may not even have noticed if you hadn't read about it here.

As my free time is not what it used to be, I prefer to just enjoy the games for what they are instead of obsessing over every little detail.

This series is one of the few that has given me enjoyment almost every year in spite of its issues and all the tweaks and additions to dynasty mode can only make it better.
Old 06-22-2012, 04:05 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skull
you don't get credit for fixing something you screwed up in the first place
Sure they do. The guys at NCAA changed it for a reason and I'm sure the reason was, they thought it was better. They listened to everyone and changed it back. They could have done nothing and kept it as it was. As they are listening when it comes to some stuff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2012, 04:23 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
Sure they do. The guys at NCAA changed it for a reason and I'm sure the reason was, they thought it was better. They listened to everyone and changed it back. They could have done nothing and kept it as it was. As they are listening when it comes to some stuff.
or they could've just gotten it right the first time
Old 06-22-2012, 04:30 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
It's nice that you get a little bonus if you let the recruit pick the topic, it makes sense that he would feel more positively toward a coach who would let him talk about the things that he is most interested in.
Maybe I've missed it somewhere but have they actually confirmed that there is a bonus for letting the recruit pick the topic? If you're referring to my post, I only mentioned that it would be helpful to have something like that.

Quote:
Completely agree here.
Old 06-22-2012, 04:44 PM   #24
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
We see Overreaction Sports is at it again. You guys have already put multiple FBs and Ks in the top 100 and all we have is one 5* blocking FB. He may be an H-Back with high blocking, and above average speed, receiving and carrying. It may be a once in a blue moon prospect. Chill out.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »