Home

Madden NFL 13 Screenshots - Barry Sanders

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Screenshots - Barry Sanders within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2012, 07:45 PM   #25
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Madden NFL 13 Screenshots - Barry Sanders

I think the biggest thing that throws the characters off is the generic looking models and the lack of facial expression.

I personally do not mind the latter, because it can only be seen in stills and ridiculously close replays, but the former just looks off. Especially with a true legend like Barry Sanders. The thing that is the biggest bummer to me when hearing Sanders is in the game is knowing you cannot play with Barry, like Barry.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2012, 07:55 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
I like the longer sleeves, but not on Barry. They need a shorter version of the loose sleeve if they don't have it already.
I'm pretty sure the uniforms are supposed to replicate their rookie year uniforms. Not positive but pretty sure

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-22-2012, 11:27 PM   #27
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Madden NFL 13 Screenshots-Barry Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Senator that's the one thing I still critique about Ray Rice and Jones-Drew. They still do not have a stocky enough look. I think it's because of the upright running. There were some angles last year where Rice had the stocky look but at other angles he looked too tall. Can't really explain it.
Yeah, they really struggle with the guys that play with that low center of gravity.

One thing I noticed is that they don't really have body types: mesopmorph, ectomorph, endomorph. You don't see players with short legs and long torsos like MJD should have or long arms, long necks, etc. The player models all have the same proportions with the only variant being girth.
Old 06-23-2012, 12:15 AM   #28
Banned

OVR: 0

Ah that's really not bad its much better than rice.
Old 06-23-2012, 01:28 AM   #29
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsufan4423
I need their TV/computer or whatever is generating these screens.
Probably post processed. Or on a debug system or even PC where they can increase the AA and other graphics to breaking point as far as frames-per-second would go - no harm in a screenshot.
Old 06-23-2012, 09:38 AM   #30
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Diesel
Do you mean a 9 inch screen? Put the same image on a 27 inch screen at the same resolution and see how good it looks.
I just wish the game actually look this good on my 50 inch TV. I spend more time adjusting colors, contrast, and so on to get the game to look half that good.
Old 06-23-2012, 11:33 AM   #31
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: Madden NFL 13 Screenshots-Barry Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
I need to see this from another angle because the body doesn't look stocky enough, especially the legs. Barry only played at 203, but at 5'8 he looked a really stout in his uniform.

Yup, Barry's thighs were huge compared to his upper body. I read somewhere that he had to buy 40-something jeans in order to get his quads and glutes into them.

On the whole, this image and the Rice one look bad. They show players with the right numbers and uniforms and names, but other than that, the look is off. I didn't look at either model and think: yup, dead ringer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2012, 03:11 PM   #32
Rookie

Signaltheescape's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
Barry, the best there ever was by a large margin in my book. Check out the old best RB ever poll in the NFL section, and its like 44% for Barry(next best Walter 22%). That says just how big of a impact he was to so many.

I really hope they put some 80's and 90's Lions uniforms in the game. The only uniform currently in Madden that actually fits Sanders era is the Thanksgiving ones and that just doesn't cut it. Would like the uniforms from 98 with the blue face masks, and the 1989 uniforms with the grey face masks.
Dude you need to look at the history book. Barry is top 3 but Jim Brown set records most are still trying to break and did it all in 9 seasons. Need to watch him to say he is the best ever. Barry has a loyal fan base cause he is the most recent great running back, that's why he won the poll. Watch Jim Brown and tell me Barry is better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »