Home

Five Reasons to Be Excited for NCAA 13: #1 Improved Online Dynasty Stability

This is a discussion on Five Reasons to Be Excited for NCAA 13: #1 Improved Online Dynasty Stability within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2012, 04:22 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 29
Re: Five Reasons to Be Excited for NCAA 13: #1 Improved Online Dynasty Stability

not gonna lie I was hoping #1 would be a revamped teambuilder reveal.
Old 06-24-2012, 04:25 PM   #10
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Five Reasons to Be Excited for NCAA 13: #1 Improved Online Dynasty Stability

I don't see this as much reason for excitement when previous versions of Online Dynasty seemed to run just fine.
Old 06-24-2012, 04:37 PM   #11
Pro

MrRudy's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
Me too Moylan, me too...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2012, 04:41 PM   #12
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
I don't see this as much reason for excitement when previous versions of Online Dynasty seemed to run just fine.
I'm not an online guy, but last year, there were problems up the wazoo. For a lot of folks, the gameplay issues, which weren't that bad, IMO, were made exponentially worse in people's minds, purely because of the online problems.

You look at this game, and a game like NBA 2K12, some people consider that game a complete and total failure, just because of the online issues.

As I said in the other post, I consider this an ancillary issue, but for many people now, it's a core part of their experience, essentially as important as any gameplay issues.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 06-24-2012, 04:44 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
Pretty sure this a OS article and not a EA sports thing but we can dream! I'd love for TeamBuilder to be upgraded.

Also, I know it's not a EA article but jeez. Was the new Passing even mentioned in these? I can't imagine this is even worth mentioning...should be expected and not hyped up. Even on the scale of fixing broken things I'd personally put this behind user option plays being serviceable again (although CPU is another story)
Old 06-24-2012, 04:47 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I'm not an online guy, but last year, there were problems up the wazoo. For a lot of folks, the gameplay issues, which weren't that bad, IMO, were made exponentially worse in people's minds, purely because of the online problems.

You look at this game, and a game like NBA 2K12, some people consider that game a complete and total failure, just because of the online issues.

As I said in the other post, I consider this an ancillary issue, but for many people now, it's a core part of their experience, essentially as important as any gameplay issues.
I'm pretty sure he was talking about online dynasty in NCAA 11 and before when he said it was fine in previous versions.

You're right on point about the OD issue skewing people's perception about other issues though. Reading some of the comments around here you'd think the mode has never worked in any edition of the game and it would be a huge surprise if it turns out to work this year.

That being said, I totally understand people's frustration about this issue. I think the term game killer gets thrown around entirely too much but this issue fits the real meaning of the term for anyone who buys this game to play OD.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:02 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 4

what a list, making excuses for EA's failures (they added logging this year! WOW!)
let's see in NCAA 11, i couldn't recruit or change my depth chart from week 2 onwards because my dynasty would crash

in NCAA 12, after the 3rd patch, my dynasty would crash after a while (deleting the patch, and loading the dynasty worked, then i could save and load it with patch #3, and then eventually the SAME thing would happen)

so maybe really, despite all of EA's failings with adding features this year, maybe they have a playable game? maybe?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2012, 05:11 PM   #16
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

As a big time OD player (I'm still playing my '12 OD with most of the same guys that started it with me 11 months ago) I agree that this isn't a reason to buy the game. My OD had more than our fair share of transfer failed (TF) issues (including our commish getting robbed of his conference title in year 1 and thusly getting cheated out of a NCG bid) but this is something that should be expected to be fixed without any hoopla. The TF issues are similar to the custom playbook (CPB) bugs in '12. The CPB issues were fixed, but there hasn't been much press about it as it's something that needed to be fixed because it's broken.

The TF and CPB issues are different than the removal of roulette recruiting. With that, they changed the concept to something else (roulette) and a lot (most?) of people didn't like it (I prefer the roulette style). So EA listened to the majority of the consumers and changed it back, which is a good thing and should be commended. I've never been a Negative Nancy, but breaking the game (with TFs and CPB bugs) and then fixing the bug is nothing to be commended, but something that is to be expected.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »