Home

Five Reasons to Be Excited for NCAA 13: #1 Improved Online Dynasty Stability

This is a discussion on Five Reasons to Be Excited for NCAA 13: #1 Improved Online Dynasty Stability within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2012, 05:46 PM   #17
CC
MVP

CC's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Five Reasons to Be Excited for NCAA 13: #1 Improved Online Dynasty Stability

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
not gonna lie I was hoping #1 would be a revamped teambuilder reveal.
I just want the old standard create-a-team from like 10 years ago that you could just do in-game. Seriously, how hard would that be to put back in the game.

On Topic: Online Dynasty bugs were the main thing that ruined my experience with NCAA last year and I quit playing it in September. This after playing the hell out of '11 from its release all the way up until 12's release.

Last edited by CC; 06-24-2012 at 05:51 PM.
Old 06-24-2012, 06:18 PM   #18
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Five Reasons to Be Excited for NCAA 13: #1 Improved Online Dynasty Stability

It is funny to me that the #1 reason to be excited is fixing something that should have never been a problem to start with, but this is great news (provided it comes true). Transfer failed got a couple of my OD's last year and it was flat out frustrating. As the mode I use almost exclusively, this was kind of a buzz kill to lose a handful of OD's to transfer failed. We managed to salvage a couple, either through restart or previous saves, but otherwise it pretty well ruined it.

I just hope whatever the fix was actually works, we were told it was fixed a few times last year and it never happened. Either way, this should never be the #1 reason to be excited for a new game. Maybe #5 and even then it's a stretch. I guess my real hope for this year is that nothing requires significant patching.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:51 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 5

It's nice to hear that this is fixed, but I don't play online so this doesn't make me excited. Having updated rosters and schedules makes me more excited than this. C'mon man.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:01 PM   #20
Rookie

Tickkid's Arena

OVR: 3
Heh, I try not to be that guy, but nothing like The #1 reason to be excited about a game "You get to pay again to have a working feature that you paid for from the previous year that didn't work correctly." Seriously? I love NCAA, I get it every year, and probably will continue... but lets not even pretend to 1) pass off features carrying over from a previous year that are actually working as a reason to be excited about anything and 2) assume that it actually is going to be working anyway. This does a disservice for actual features that are new and exciting (or it illuminates potentially how few exciting features there are available.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:08 PM   #21
Rookie

Colt45's Arena

OVR: 7

I don't understand why it's so difficult to implement a system that allows us to save the information we are trying to transfer on our local hard drive BEFORE trying to send it to EA. That way, if there is a problem on EAs end, the whole thing isn't f'ed hardcore. We can actually "try again" (which never worked), or try again later. It seems so simple to me.

My OD got A LOT of these errors. We finally pegged a big cause of a lot of our TF's as

1) Someone changing something about the dynasty (messing around in recruiting causing something to upload to EA and change the dynasty file for example) while the commish was advancing. We fixed this by having people back totally out of the dynasty before advancing (since they were going to get kicked out anyway). Eventually we got the brilliant idea of just always advancing online, because that cut out TF's 100%.

2) Users trying to upload different games to the servers at the same time (meaning I play a CPU team and finish and exit, uploading results to the server at the same time another person finishes his game against a CPU team and uploads his results). This would cause TF's to both players. So if two players would finish at the same time, one would wait until the other was totally back at the main franchise screen before exiting his game.

The most frustrating ones were the ones where you would play a game, especially if it was a big game that you played and won at the wire, then the servers would be down as you exited and you'd TF for no reason at all. Again, this is where saving the results before uploading would have been so beneficial.

We also got the dynasty destroying one, but people had figured out the work around by that time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2012, 11:11 PM   #22
Rookie

DIRRTY30's Arena

OVR: 0
Meh, I have no interest in online dynasties at all.
Old 06-25-2012, 12:36 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC
I just want the old standard create-a-team from like 10 years ago that you could just do in-game. Seriously, how hard would that be to put back in the game.

On Topic: Online Dynasty bugs were the main thing that ruined my experience with NCAA last year and I quit playing it in September. This after playing the hell out of '11 from its release all the way up until 12's release.
If they put that back in we couldnt use custom logos
Old 06-25-2012, 12:43 AM   #24
Rookie

Colt45's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRRTY30
Meh, I have no interest in online dynasties at all.
I was the same way, but this year my friend and his brother also got the game. I have never loved dynasty/franchise so much.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »