Home

OS Tip of the Day: Respect the Settings (Tiger 13)

This is a discussion on OS Tip of the Day: Respect the Settings (Tiger 13) within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2012, 11:01 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
OS Tip of the Day: Respect the Settings (Tiger 13)

Whether you're trying to win an open event on Pro, TOUR Pro or Tournament difficulty, take advantage of what tools you have available to you. If you're trying to win on Pro difficulty, be sure to take advantage of everything from caddie advice, after-touch ball spin, putt previews and a much more forgiving swing meter. In particular, after-touch on the ball can pretty much make any shot a pin-seeking bullet, so it's good to use that whether competing in a tournament on-line or off-line.

If you're playing on TOUR Pro difficulty, you'll lose the ability to do putt previews and execute after-touch on the ball, but you'll still have caddie advice and the swing meter. The swing meter is incredibly helpful for putting, and caddie advice can at least give you a better sense of where you should aim certain key shots when dealing the increased challenge.

On Tournament difficulty, all you've got to rely on is yourself and the caddie advice. Use the caddie advice as much as you need to consider certain shots, and don't be afraid to adjust your shots a bit more conservatively than he says in order to avoid flying the hole or putting it too hard.

What difficulty level do you play on?
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2012, 01:51 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: OS Tip of the Day: Respect the Settings (Tiger 13)

I thought the Caddie is turned off on Tournament.
Old 06-26-2012, 05:21 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwjr
I thought the Caddie is turned off on Tournament.
It is and there is no such thing as "Normal" difficulty. There is Amateur, Pro, Tour Pro, and Tournament.....

If someone is going to write an article about a game they very least they should do is get their facts straight......
Old 06-26-2012, 08:24 PM   #4
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23
Tournament is the only way to enjoy this game.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:46 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4
I only just bought this game and play on Pro. I haven't actually sat down and played a TW game properly for probably ten years. I did try (and I still have a copy I got free with my ps3) TW10 but didn't like it after maybe 5 minutes?

At this point i'm trying to become re-acquainted with reading the greens without the help of the Caddie or Putt Preview, but still use it if i'm not entirely sure. Hopefully i'll be able to change all the assists in my Michael Jordan career lol...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2012, 10:03 PM   #6
Staff Writer

Wiggy's Arena

OVR: 27
Sorry about the incorrect wording on the difficulty levels. I know what they are, but I ended up transposing them in my mind (swing difficulty and game difficulty) when I was writing the piece. The text should be updated with that shortly.

As for the caddie, what I said is actually right. The caddie is a completely optional "option" that is available on all modes, and it is not deactivated on tournament difficulty. The "automatic" caddie, which some may be thinking of, is still even available on that setting, with a reduced multiplier bonus (2.40x versus 2.45x on manual caddie and 2.90x if it's off completely). The game doesn't call it a "custom" setting or anything if you switch to that, so it's not locked on or off to difficulty.

Frankly, the manual caddie just gives you an idea of where to shoot anyway, and you'd still have to tinker and line up that shot. Everything else on tournament difficulty would be deactivated, making the shot still quite challenging.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:38 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggy
As for the caddie, what I said is actually right. The caddie is a completely optional "option" that is available on all modes, and it is not deactivated on tournament difficulty. The "automatic" caddie, which some may be thinking of, is still even available on that setting, with a reduced multiplier bonus (2.40x versus 2.45x on manual caddie and 2.90x if it's off completely). The game doesn't call it a "custom" setting or anything if you switch to that, so it's not locked on or off to difficulty.
Sorry, but I just checked this out for myself both online and offline and if you are playing Default Tournament mode, the Caddy is OFF. I pressed the Y button numerous times and the Caddy never showed up. If you enable the caddy either manual or automatic, the game calls that mode Custom if you are still playing Tournament difficulty.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:02 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnin0
Tournament is the only way to enjoy this game.
Not for those if us who suck on Tournament.

I need to get my golfer built up before I try Tournament again. I played a round as Tiger Woods on Tournament difficulty and shot a +21!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »