Home

DiRT Showdown Review (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on DiRT Showdown Review (360/PS3) within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2012, 12:25 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
DiRT Showdown Review (360/PS3)

The DiRT franchise gets better with each iteration. But with DiRT Showdown, Codemasters is taking the series in a way more arcade-like direction. Carnage is the name of the game now. While we miss the rally races, what's included here, is yet another fine game from one of the best developers around.

Read More - DiRT Showdown Review (360/PS3)
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2012, 02:58 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 8
The damage model doesn't look that impressive in the DiRT Showdown Massive Damage Trailer. Intentionally trying to damage one another's cars WOULD make for a great arcade game, but the damage model is lacking.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:13 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 8
My son bought the game today, and already he's bored with it. The damage models (just as I suspected from the video posted here on OS) aren't very good. Points rewarded for intentional smashes (into other cars) are weight improperly depending on the locations of the hits, in my opinion. The camera options are limited, the available cars available upon purchase (even the two cars unlocked with the VIP pass) are VERY limited. This is just a rehash of the other DiRT games, with minimal effort by the developers put into the demolition derby feature.

Now, if the makers of this series were to ever make a big rig driving game (not a racing one as in "tracks", but with real roads and looooonnnnng road with REAL loads), then I bet it would generate a lot of sales as this company does make games that look 'pretty'.
Old 06-27-2012, 07:02 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0
I bought this the first day it came out, very addicting! Yes there is not many game modes or a ton of cars, but me and a few friends got together and played split screen and we had a blast!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »