Home

Madden NFL 13 on Vita is Essentially Madden NFL 12.5 with Screenshots (Polygon)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 on Vita is Essentially Madden NFL 12.5 with Screenshots (Polygon) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2012, 09:05 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
I think I will get this, though I will have to see it in motion. I think some people have too high expectations for the Vita version. It may not be up to par with its console brethren, but it is waaaaaayyy beyond any portable version of the title (or any other football game, for that matter).
Old 06-29-2012, 09:17 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2
I would point out that the Vita has a US installed base of 650,000 units, so even if you sell to 15% of those users (an optimistic figure), it would only sell just under $4 million. That is versus a ~$270 million revenue base for the 360 and PS3 versions of the game. Sure, they can piggyback on those versions to some extent, but obviously the budget will be smaller until the Vita can gain some critical mass.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:20 PM   #19
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
I wonder if the passing enhancements are in the game. If they are, I might pick it up.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:07 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 13 on Vita is Essentially Madden NFL 12.5 with Screenshots (Polygon)

Player models remind me of the 2k series...which could but fine for some....i think it looks good.

But like i found out with Fifa Vita, the most important part with the graphics to was animation and framerate. Someone has recently been telling me Fifa Vita actually runs at 30fps, but this whole time i thought it was 60fps...and i'm usually good at judging framerate. So if Madden Vita has smooth animations, plays like Madden 12 (which i love), and has the same framerate as Fifa Vita....then i will be happy for this year. Next year I'm expecting a big jump however.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:55 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 13 on Vita is Essentially Madden NFL 12.5 with Screenshots (Polygon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
Polygon is a fitting name for the dev - Those screenshots. Smh, at this point. Looks like 12 on my EVO with res on high
In case it wasn't obvious, Polygon is the name of the website that I write for. (Our full site will launch later this year at Polygon.com, but for now, we're piggybacking on our sister site The Verge, which covers technology.)

HB Studios is the developer making the Vita version of Madden NFL 13. (They did the Wii, PS2, and PSP versions of Madden NFL 12, and this year, they're making NBA Baller Beats.)

@SamitSarkar
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2012, 11:11 PM   #22
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
Player models remind me of the 2k series...which could but fine for some....i think it looks good.

But like i found out with Fifa Vita, the most important part with the graphics to was animation and framerate. Someone has recently been telling me Fifa Vita actually runs at 30fps, but this whole time i thought it was 60fps...and i'm usually good at judging framerate. So if Madden Vita has smooth animations, plays like Madden 12 (which i love), and has the same framerate as Fifa Vita....then i will be happy for this year. Next year I'm expecting a big jump however.
I don't see 3rd parties putting any more resources toward the platform in the next year+ unless it sells the 10 million units Sony has reiterated it expects between now and March 2013. They touted 1.8m lifetime sales in May and have said nothing nor celebrated any milestones since.

If anything I'd expect 3rd parties to start shelving projects and/or focusing handheld resources on the 3DS until Sony can entice more people to pick up the system.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 06-29-2012, 11:33 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamitSarkar
In case it wasn't obvious, Polygon is the name of the website that I write for. (Our full site will launch later this year at Polygon.com, but for now, we're piggybacking on our sister site The Verge, which covers technology.)

HB Studios is the developer making the Vita version of Madden NFL 13. (They did the Wii, PS2, and PSP versions of Madden NFL 12, and this year, they're making NBA Baller Beats.)
What's funny is that I realized that before submitting my comment....but went with it anywayz. Ha. However I was going to quote myself as just clowning but I lost signal for a bit and forgot to come back here when I got it back. Apologies, dear sir.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:39 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 21

The reason I say i expect a huge jump, compared to this port at least...is because by next year EA Tiburon/ HB Studios would have more time with the Vita hardware....and should be able to optimize their software better. Also, Sony will most likely have newer software tools to make ports of PS3 games easier. I know Sony has a dedicated team that helps out 3rd parties here and there with PS3 coding....and I'm sure the same will happen with Vita coding.

But i understand what you are saying. The good thing about Sony though is they have so many studios and still continue to work with independent studios to create games. So if some third parties stay back and watch, the Vita will still get good support from Sony to cover major genres that might be missing from the catalog. If EA didn't release Madden for the Vita in the future, I really believe Sony would release a football title themselves. I think in the next year we will see if this will be true or not....this year i don't believe 2K will release their NBA series for the Vita....if by mid Next year we don't hear anything from 2K or Sony regarding a basketball game, then i would be guessing wrong and wouldn't expect much from the future.

I don't think a NBA game or Football title would be that big of an investment for Sony for a portable title. They released their NBA game for the PSP for awhile after canceling their PS3 series.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »