Home

NHL 13 Last Man Standing Goalie Trailer

This is a discussion on NHL 13 Last Man Standing Goalie Trailer within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2012, 06:57 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: NHL 13 Last Man Standing Goalie Trailer

Looked like a nice and wide variety of saves to me. Interested to see more reaction saves off tips, etc. that branch out of animations.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:35 PM   #10
Banned

Rogie Vachon's Arena

OVR: 6

Edited video of a cpu controlled goalie is,.... meh.

What can human controlled goalies do? Half of what the cpu goalies can?

What if human skaters could only do half the abilties as cpu controlled players?
You think all hell would break loose?
Old 07-02-2012, 11:23 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogie Vachon
Edited video of a cpu controlled goalie is,.... meh.

What can human controlled goalies do? Half of what the cpu goalies can?

What if human skaters could only do half the abilties as cpu controlled players?
You think all hell would break loose?
So how are you liking playing NHL13 so far? Is it good?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2012, 10:02 AM   #12
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13

You know Rogie, I haven't heard even a tidbit of information regarding goalie control in NHL 13 yet. So, I'm gonna take what's stated in the trailer with a grain of salt. Until the devs release an insight on goaltending, it's probably best not to be so pesimistic...

The fact that you're saying manual saves are gone and we'll have less control over goalies baffles me, especially since this trailer states otherwise. I think it's more likely that we have the exact same amount of controls that we did last year for manually controlling goalies (based upon past EA history), since BAPro wasn't a focus this year. I think saves'll be more dynamic, and instead of animations, we'll be able to move all four of our limbs naturally; pardon my optimism.

Old 07-03-2012, 11:00 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycloniac
You know Rogie, I haven't heard even a tidbit of information regarding goalie control in NHL 13 yet. So, I'm gonna take what's stated in the trailer with a grain of salt. Until the devs release an insight on goaltending, it's probably best not to be so pesimistic...

The fact that you're saying manual saves are gone and we'll have less control over goalies baffles me, especially since this trailer states otherwise. I think it's more likely that we have the exact same amount of controls that we did last year for manually controlling goalies (based upon past EA history), since BAPro wasn't a focus this year. I think saves'll be more dynamic, and instead of animations, we'll be able to move all four of our limbs naturally; pardon my optimism.
He read a couple impressions from people at the community day, playing unfinish alpha build software.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:50 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 12

I'm just hoping there is a noticeable difference in goalies and that not every goalie is super saving flop flopping superstar !!!
Old 07-03-2012, 12:19 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 4

I'm not sure how much I actually am excited about this. My issues with goalies to this point have been mostly about the lack of differentiation. I could play as the West All Stars and be continually robbed by an OHL goalie, who plays just as well as the NHL's elite.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2012, 12:47 PM   #16
Banned

Rogie Vachon's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycloniac

I`ve been able to get some specific questions answered about the human goalie controls,although getting that info is like trying to get the answer to "Is it safe?" from Dustin Hoffman.

I`m posting what I`ve been told by people who specifically played using human goalies at the community day.

I was told that the RS left and RS right made the goalie lean one way or the other to facilitate the "cheating".

Seeing as those were where the "manual saves" on the RS were,I asked...."so where did the manual saves go?"
Answer - "gone"

If you don`t want to believe me ,fine.
We`ll wait and see.

To Realm - the arrogant, condescending attitude isn`t really necessary is it?
I`ll

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »