Home

NHL 13 Last Man Standing Goalie Trailer

This is a discussion on NHL 13 Last Man Standing Goalie Trailer within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2012, 01:13 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Every goalie is still in that same awkward slumped stance with their glove resting on their pad?

Not one goalie in the NHL challenges a shooter in that stance nor does any goalie stand exactly like one another, yet every goalie in this game does. Makes sense.

Good to see the artwork on the helmets hasn't changed. Never get tired of seeing a two-toned team color helmet.

I know the artists hold the rights to the actual artwork on the masks, but seriously, these are the same helmets since 07. How difficult is it to come up with your own creations? People were creating custom artwork for goalie helmets in the PC versions 5 years ago, you guys can't do the same?

Absolutely no physics in regards to their skating or movement in/out of the butterfly either.

Apart from goalies, why are players taking wrist shots? Who the hell in the NHL takes a wrist shot? Who over the age of 12 takes a wrist shot? Why is that even an animation in the game?

There are enough flaws in this game for me to fill up this entire page.

Traded in NHL 11 after two months, passed on NHL 12, will pass on NHL 13.

It's the same game since it made the jump to next-gen. Yeah there have been tweaks here and there, but the general feeling of the game is the exact same as NHL 07.

The entire development team needs to be replaced. Definition of complacency.

Destroy all of the coding developed for the NHL franchise and start all over because this series is just plain awful.
Old 07-03-2012, 03:00 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: NHL 13 Last Man Standing Goalie Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruddamucker
Apart from goalies, why are players taking wrist shots? Who the hell in the NHL takes a wrist shot? Who over the age of 12 takes a wrist shot? Why is that even an animation in the game?
You can't be serious.
Old 07-03-2012, 04:56 PM   #19
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Every goalie is still in that same awkward slumped stance with their glove resting on their pad?

Not one goalie in the NHL challenges a shooter in that stance nor does any goalie stand exactly like one another, yet every goalie in this game does. Makes sense.

Good to see the artwork on the helmets hasn't changed. Never get tired of seeing a two-toned team color helmet.

I know the artists hold the rights to the actual artwork on the masks, but seriously, these are the same helmets since 07. How difficult is it to come up with your own creations? People were creating custom artwork for goalie helmets in the PC versions 5 years ago, you guys can't do the same?

Absolutely no physics in regards to their skating or movement in/out of the butterfly either.

It's the same game since it made the jump to next-gen. Yeah there have been tweaks here and there, but the general feeling of the game is the exact same as NHL 07.

Destroy all of the coding developed for the NHL franchise and start all over because this series is just plain awful.
Honestly for the most part I agree with most of what you're saying. Not the totally ripping out the gameplay and producers or the wrist shot portion necessarily, but some of the other points about the game being the exact same. What I think needs to happen is the wrist shot needs to change in this game. In the NHL not many guys have the ability to roll back their wrist and go through this long process without the shot being blocked or the puck being taken away by the defender. The skill stick in general just needs a total revamp in order to make this game look like a hockey player would actually go about stick handling and making moves.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea

Last edited by bwiggy33; 07-03-2012 at 05:07 PM.
Old 07-03-2012, 04:57 PM   #20
Rookie

MrYaz's Arena

OVR: 1

Certainly hoping that this game has changed for the better. I have been noticing my NHL 12 time really slumping off as of late (really only play club games anymore)

I just know when I get into an EASHL game. I know whats going to happen. Glitch Goal, Glitch Goal, Absolutely dreadful A.I., Copy.Paste.Paste.Paste.Paste./End of game.
Old 07-03-2012, 05:25 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogie Vachon
I`ve been able to get some specific questions answered about the human goalie controls,although getting that info is like trying to get the answer to "Is it safe?" from Dustin Hoffman.

I`m posting what I`ve been told by people who specifically played using human goalies at the community day.

I was told that the RS left and RS right made the goalie lean one way or the other to facilitate the "cheating".

Seeing as those were where the "manual saves" on the RS were,I asked...."so where did the manual saves go?"
Answer - "gone"

If you don`t want to believe me ,fine.
We`ll wait and see.

To Realm - the arrogant, condescending attitude isn`t really necessary is it?
I`ll
Honestly my intent wasn't arrogance. Basing the retail build off a 4 months from ship out alpha build however that none of us have played and is still at that point a work in progress is a bit over board don't you agree?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2012, 05:46 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:

And the nitpicker of the year award goes to... Seriously this game isn't even out yet and people are just destroying it.
Old 07-03-2012, 06:44 PM   #23
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:

I agree with some of what you mentioned, like the goalie mask artwork. But honestly, I'd rather them focus on fixing bugs than that; don't nitpick.

It's also true that most players use snapshots or slapshots versus wristers, but wristers are still used. What the devs could do is tune the engine so that snapshots are used the most versus the other two shot types.

Also, I would never go as far as saying that NHL 12 is the same as NHL 07; never. That's completely incorrect. NHL 07 was essentially an arcade hockey game compared to NHL 12. Presentation was basically nonexistant. Physics was scripted and largely unrealistic. So while NHL 12 may not look perfect, it is ludicrous to say that it's the same as NHL 07.

Old 07-03-2012, 06:46 PM   #24
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUndogmatic
And the nitpicker of the year award goes to... Seriously this game isn't even out yet and people are just destroying it.
I loved the part where he said every member of the dev team should be fired; sheesh.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »