Home

Top Five Reasons NCAA 13 Will Top Madden 13: #4 College Atmosphere

This is a discussion on Top Five Reasons NCAA 13 Will Top Madden 13: #4 College Atmosphere within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2012, 02:03 PM   #25
Rookie

LastExit's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Top Five Reasons NCAA 13 Will Top Madden 13: #4 College Atmosphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
For those that say the crowd noise isn't an issue in this game, like the gentleman on page 1 with the Boston avatar, I think you have never been to a big-time college football game.

The crowd noise in the game needs a lot of work. I felt on the PS2, in the days of the momentum meter, where the stadium would shake and whatnot, that was a step in the right direction, but the crowd on this generaton has been dead. I always max out crowd noise still find myself wishing there was more life in the crowd. There are lot of little nuances from college football games as far as crowd interactions that are missing in the game.
Exactly.

That said, the EA Development team said they worked on this aspect and are "very happy" with the result.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RWOJmJabI4&t=11m0s
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2012, 02:05 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercalnd
It's not so much what happened to Kansas since then as it is what happened to Kansa that year. Outside of that particular year, I don't remember Kansas ever being relevant in football.
True. So what happened to all the other teams? I now have to go back and look at the polls to see where everyone was ranked. Oh and that was the first year the BCS pissed me off. How does Kansas get into a BCS bowl and not Missouri? We beat those losers.
Old 07-06-2012, 02:10 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 1
Heres the best idea. Max out crowd volume. Turn down everything else. Then turn up your tv
Old 07-06-2012, 02:57 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 5
NFL really can't compete, although the few times the Cardinals (I'm a Phoenician) have been good have been really exciting. The atmosphere at ASU games is so much more exciting than the atmosphere at pro games and that despite the fact ASU hasn't been that good for awhile and it's atmosphere hasn't competed with so many other places in college football. It's hard to describe but fans of collegel football know what I'm talking about. I love both NFL and college but atmosphere, NFL doesn't even come close.
Old 07-06-2012, 03:28 PM   #29
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

I've stood on the field, during a game, at Arrowhead Stadium in KC and did the same in Norman, OK at an OU football game. In my opinion, the atmosphere at Arrowhead was about 10 times louder than in Norman. My ears actually hurt at Arrowhead. In Norman, it was just slightly uncomfortable.
Old 07-06-2012, 03:29 PM   #30
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzou852
How does Kansas get into a BCS bowl and not Missouri? We beat those losers.
Haha, I agree. But I got to go to the game for work for free. So I was quite happy with the selection.
Old 07-06-2012, 03:33 PM   #31
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
I've stood on the field, during a game, at Arrowhead Stadium in KC and did the same in Norman, OK at an OU football game. In my opinion, the atmosphere at Arrowhead was about 10 times louder than in Norman. My ears actually hurt at Arrowhead. In Norman, it was just slightly uncomfortable.
So you make the point for us either way, the games need better crowd noise

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2012, 03:58 PM   #32
Rookie

LastExit's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzou852
Heres the best idea. Max out crowd volume. Turn down everything else. Then turn up your tv
I'd do that but I don't need to hear that stale "d-fense" chant on 3rd down that you rarely hear at any college football games on full volume.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »