Home

NCAA Football 13 Review (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Review (360/PS3) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2012, 10:52 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 20
Re: NCAA Football 13 Review (360/PS3)

Quote:
Control Scheme - The NCAA Football 13 control scheme has always been rock solid. It has the perfect blend that you need.
Interesting take, considering they took out custom configs.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:55 AM   #10
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRudy
As the OC, when your offense is not on the field... the Super Simmed Defense apparently is out of this world. In MMChris's case, as UTSA, he had the #1 rated defense in the country. (Which I'm sure Vegas odds are about 15,000-1 that this would ever happen this year)
Exactly correct. It was my only experience with Super Sim, with 8 minute quarters and realistic play numbers...and it was on Heisman level. So maybe it was a fluke or maybe it might not be fully 'there'. I'd advise testing it with your own mileage before determining. Maybe my 12 games of experience was just incredibly fluky and that's entirely possible. Toughest part of reviewing games right there
Old 07-10-2012, 10:57 AM   #11
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Good review, not much mention of the read and react defense, though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2012, 11:02 AM   #12
Rookie

PioneerRaptor's Arena

OVR: 8
I appreciated the review. I managed to enjoy NCAA 12, and since the gameplay and dynasty features seem to work as advertised, I do not regret my purchase.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:02 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 5
Completely agree with this review. I played College Ball and I'm a passionate CFB fan. However, NCAA 2013 doesn't play anything like real football. The AI for both the offense and defense seems broken to me. Almost as if random plays are selected by the playcalling AI and the execution of the plays isn't remotely close to real football. In fact, I think FPS Football, from back in the 90s, was a more realistic representation of the sport.

I give NCAA 2013 a 4/10 when compared with previous versions. Heisman still tries 60 yard FGs? WHERE IS THE QA DEPARTMENT!?!?!?!?!
Old 07-10-2012, 11:08 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 17
Re: NCAA Football 13 Review (360/PS3)

Solid review, sounds honest and fair
Old 07-10-2012, 11:13 AM   #15
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37
Great in depth review!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2012, 11:21 AM   #16
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23
i absolutely hated ncaa 12. i played maybe 15 games total. call me crazy....but i am actually really enjoying ncaa 13. i played it alot the past few days and really enjoy it. i am looking for all the things that drove me crazy about 12 and havent seen it. i have won games and lost games and have yet to feel cheated. if anything i feel like i have the advantage with all the sacks on cpu screens. the games would be more challenging if they fixed that. i really want to buy this game...but im torn because i want ea to fix the stupid screen play issue first. im worried i buy the game and they dont fix it...cuz i mean..its EA. and then i have another game thats broken. other than that...i really was enjoying this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »