Home

Sound off: What should be Penn State's fate?

This is a discussion on Sound off: What should be Penn State's fate? within the College Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 11:51 AM   #9
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Sound off: What should be Penn State's fate?

The NCAA should stay out of this.

But if Penn State wants to even begin rebuilding its image, it starts with taking a break from football.

PSU is going to be paying out the nose with the civil suits. What a mess.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:52 AM   #10
Beat the Heat!

chi_hawks's Arena

OVR: 14
This is a tough one. Punishing the football team now penalizes the fans and student athletes, both groups who had no knowledge of these incidents and the cover ups. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a punishment that fits the crime right now. Sure, you could suspend the football team, but you have to ask yourself, who are you sending this message to?

I'd like to see the school donate money, like in the tens of millions, to a charity of social organization that deals with battered and abused women/children. This would be a good start (and would actually have a positive impact).
Old 07-12-2012, 11:57 AM   #11
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

******** src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets****" charset="utf-8">

Urban Meyer is lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2012, 12:05 PM   #12
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes
I don't think the NCAA should do anything, it's not really within their boundaries to act on something like this. However, I do think that the people who conspired in these events who are not already dead; (Paterno), or going to prison, (Sandusky); should be brought to trial for their roles in these events, and that this should go all the way down the chain.

At the same time the victims and their families should begin filing civil suits against these persons involved, the Paterno family and PSU as a whole. Knowing how NCAA investigations are always controversial, clumsy and full of blunders; I just honestly believe they would be more of a hindrance than a help.
After thinking on it for a good bit, I'll agree with this approach.

Bring everyone involved in the cover-up to justice in the courts system. But to punish the current student-athletes and coaches who had nothing to do with it just seems wrong.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Bulls / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr
Old 07-12-2012, 12:14 PM   #13
Chaos Theory

19's Arena

OVR: 29

Shut the program down for a year and clean house. I also wouldn't be upset if the B1G tossed PSU out on the curb as well.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:16 PM   #14
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9
Death Penalty and complete removal of every person involved with the team administration.

If the NCAA doesn't step in and actually take action on something this important it is insulting. Ohio State (say what you want about them) got a Bowl Ban and all sorts of other punishment for Tats and such... This was a cover-up at the highest level of a team and university.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:21 PM   #15
Pro

letsgopens66's Arena

OVR: 4

There won't be a death penalty. As said a million times, this is not a student athlete issue. Those involved will pay and be punished.
Denver Broncos
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2012, 12:22 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3
I'm not sure the team itself should be removed b/c that punished a lot of players who knew nothing, but they should definitely get something big. I think they should ban any coach who knew about it from coaching in the NCAA again, if evidence is found of lack of institutional control then a heavy probation (but above post claims there is none), if not then nothing else should be done by NCAA. Banning the coaches involved will only punish those involved, and not the crrent players or coaches. Penn State should fire everyone who knew about this, remove anything with Paterno in its name, and try to rebuild from there. As for the court of law, I hope everyone who knew about this gets max time for their offenses. This is one of the most horrific things I have seen in my young life and those involved need to pay deeply for their actions. I pray for the victims and the family and I hope they get their just due in the civil courts. I know that I will never have any respect for this university again or for those whom supported Paterno through this situation.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football »