Home

An Idiots Guide to Soccer and Soccer Gaming (Part III)

This is a discussion on An Idiots Guide to Soccer and Soccer Gaming (Part III) within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2012, 11:19 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
An Idiots Guide to Soccer and Soccer Gaming (Part III)

North American sports fans may find it quite different, and perhaps more difficult, to successfully build a dynasty in soccer games. If you think the MLB doesn’t do enough to ensure parity in the league, wait until you read about what goes on (or doesn’t) in soccer leagues around the world.

Note that most of these off pitch rules don’t apply to MLS, as the league contains some distinctly North American characteristics to the team building side of the sport. And as always, there are bound to be some discrepancies league by league, but by and large, the following are applicable to most of the world’s biggest leagues.

Read More - An Idiots Guide to Soccer and Soccer Gaming (Part III)
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2012, 04:45 PM   #2
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10
Great job on these articles, you are making want to dig back into my Football Manager addiction I had a few months ago but I will just wait for 2013.

Last edited by RoyceDa59; 07-13-2012 at 04:55 PM.
Old 07-13-2012, 07:54 PM   #3
MVP

UK0wnag3's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: An Idiots Guide to Soccer and Soccer Gaming (Part III)

I've always wondered how willing American teams would be to rebuild if relegation was a possibility
Arizona Cardinals
Phoenix Suns
Twitter
Old 07-13-2012, 10:14 PM   #4
Banned

Profit89's Arena

OVR: 8
Great stuff Kelvin
Old 07-14-2012, 12:50 AM   #5
Banned

js3512's Arena

OVR: 5
Thanks for writing these articles. I love to play FIFA as soccer a very fun sport to take part in but it's just not a sport made for TV in my eyes. (I know, typical American) These articles have really helped me to understand some of the finer points of the game and how to use them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2012, 04:51 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by js3512
Thanks for writing these articles. I love to play FIFA as soccer a very fun sport to take part in but it's just not a sport made for TV in my eyes. (I know, typical American) These articles have really helped me to understand some of the finer points of the game and how to use them.
Not a sport made for TV? There is on commercial break: half time. If that's not made for TV I don't know what is. Not judging, just saying.
Old 07-14-2012, 04:53 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanK
Not a sport made for TV? There is on commercial break: half time. If that's not made for TV I don't know what is. Not judging, just saying.
*one commercial break*
Old 07-14-2012, 09:47 AM   #8
Banned

js3512's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanK
Has nothing to do with the commercial breaks or lack there of. It just doesn't hold my attention whatsoever on TV because it looks like they're just kicking the ball back and forth to each other. Very hard to pick up on any sense of strategy if you're not very knowledgable about the sport.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »