Home

Madden NFL 13 Screenshot - Reggie White

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Screenshot - Reggie White within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2012, 10:09 AM   #25
Rookie

DUDERMAN's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 13 Screenshot - Reggie White

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpac55
They have never had the Eagles colors right be it Midnight or Kelly.
They were very close to getting the midnight green right last year. I was nervous from the screenshots because they looked terrible, however, they looked great in the final game. This goes with my comment earlier about their filters. Most of the colors looked better in the final game than any of the screenshots.

I understand the Eagles color may be tough to match. If you look at my comparison picture, the color examples I have in the middle are the official colors. The "midnight green" shade in the picture is not how it looks on the uniforms. I assume this is due to the material and all. I read an article on the new uniforms that stated Nike had a tough time matching the reebok "midnight green", so they created their own version that should be similar that they are calling "Nike green". I'll give EA a pass for years past because of all that mentioned, and I'm hoping that they continue to tweak the color until we get something that looks exactly like they wear on Sundays (and Mondays, Thursdays and even Tuesdays).

Eagles | Phillies | Flyers | Sixers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2012, 11:41 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 3

Man I wish they never played that stupid Tuesday game...
Old 07-14-2012, 11:48 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 49

Madden player models have too long of arms. Almost look like apes. If they stretched them straight down they could nearly grab their knee caps while standing straight up.

Other then the above, and color issue's, this is one of their better screenshots though.
Old 07-14-2012, 12:00 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Wow I knew the color was off but when posted next to kelly green you can REALLY tell. They have never had the Eagles colors right be it Midnight or Kelly.
In all fairness, the kelly greens of the Buddy Ryan era have never been in a current-gen Madden game. The 1960 commemorative alternates from 2010 were the closest we had to it, and those were a correct shade of near-lime green.

Midnight green looked great in Madden NFL 12 IMO, much better than Madden NFL 10 (I don't honestly remember what 11's looked like.)

Last edited by RedZoneD25; 07-14-2012 at 12:17 PM.
Old 07-14-2012, 01:13 PM   #29
Rookie

They really messed up the Eagles helmets this year and not buying it this year because of it. The wings are all messed and don't know how they missed it!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg REGGIE.jpg (114.9 KB, 88 views)
File Type: jpg Vick.jpg (199.2 KB, 93 views)
Old 07-14-2012, 05:45 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by tassa
They really messed up the Eagles helmets this year and not buying it this year because of it. The wings are all messed and don't know how they missed it!!
That was the first thing I noticed too. Not a huge deal for me, but really surprised they let it go like this. Seams like something easy and I personally would have taken the little extra time to get it right.
Old 07-14-2012, 08:10 PM   #31
Rookie

DUDERMAN's Arena

Quote:
Man I wish they never played that stupid Tuesday game...
I was on my way to the game when they cancelled it. The snow was getting pretty bad. The problem was that the snow was unexpected and so the roads did not have salt on them. This was a concern for the city and they thought it was best to move the game instead of having several accidents afterwards. Then Tuesday rolled around, I went to see my Eagles play the Vikings against rookie QB Joe Webb, how could they lose, right? Ugh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZoneD25
Midnight green looked great in Madden NFL 12 IMO, much better than Madden NFL 10 (I don't honestly remember what 11's looked like.)
As I said earlier, Madden 12 was very close (due to the new lighting) but still a bit too saturated. Madden 11 was the same as Madden 10... and Madden 09... and Madden 08, etc. I was very happy to see the improvement last year and I hope they continue to improve it until it's perfect. From the pictures I have seen of the Nike uniforms, the color seems lighter than in the past and less reflective so it may be easier for them to match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tassa
I noticed that awhile back. It's disappointing but ultimately not that big of a deal. I think it may be a problem with the Helmet skin going on the various Helmet models. I say that because I've seen helmet issues with a lot of teams. I'm hoping things like this and the warping numbers (just look at the Reggie pick to see what I mean) get fixed for the next gen game next year.

Eagles | Phillies | Flyers | Sixers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2012, 11:07 PM   #32
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

wow playing ncaa13 since pre-release coming over and seeing some of these shots makes me think....Damn madden13 looks purdy! is it august yet???

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »