Home

Madden: How do you call your passing game?

This is a discussion on Madden: How do you call your passing game? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2012, 02:02 AM   #17
Pro

Blue Ninja's Arena

OVR: 23
If it's man coverage, I'll pick my best match up but more often than not it's going to my NO.1 receiver. I also call or hotroutes plays so I have 2,3 receivers crossing the routes to confuse the defense or make them run into each other (disrupt the clear path to receivers they are covering.

If it's zone, well for the most part my plan is to send multiple receivers around the same area to have more receiver than defenders in that area, but this is just my general startegy,

To be more specific,

Against Cover 2, I'll look for corner routes, seam through the middle or combination of 2 deep routes towards a safety make him choose who he'd cover

Cover3, I'll look short to medium pass outside in front of back pedaling CBs or in the middele if a safety or LBs decides to cover flat/curl

Cover 4/quarter, I'll look short and run after catch because it is (and should be) very difficult to complete a deep pass against it

Cover 6, Identify which side is field/play side(forgot the term for the opposite side lol, in cover 6 one side plays cover2, and the other cover3) and attack either side depends on the play I called.

Also, I sometimes, if I think defense is gonna drop 8 or 9 in coverege and has no passrush, I send receivers deep and just try to pass over all the complicated zone underneath, but this require deep threats, solid protection and QB's accuracy deep.

I could go on and on but I'm gonna stop here
Old 07-14-2012, 02:07 AM   #18
Pro

Blue Ninja's Arena

OVR: 23
Well if it's about the scheme I like to run, as a pass first team..Idk to be honest lol it all depends on personnel lol I'll do just about all kinds of scheme
Old 07-14-2012, 03:53 AM   #19
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Madden: How do you call your passing game?

I'm usually (dependant on team I am) a run 1st guy. I try to always get in a manageable 3rd down spot.
Whenever I have to pass deeper than 8-10 yards I get nervous.
I have some great games where I can see everything and the game seems to go slo mo..
But...
I also sometimes get into a funk and do stupid stuff.
I'll see a WR---He's covered and I know not to throw. I even say to myself..NOPE!
Then I throw to him.
When it's picked I call myself an idiot.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 07-14-2012, 12:34 PM   #20
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

I am an old school simpleton. Downhill run game to set up the play action downfield pass game.
Old 07-16-2012, 04:57 PM   #21
Pro

videlsports's Arena

OVR: 25
Tom Brady Offense, Pass to whoever's open or take the sack. My running Game needs work I love PA but could set it up a few times.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2012, 07:45 PM   #22
Fighting a War & Gaming

8and9's Arena

OVR: 9

With a variety of short and long passes to keep the defense on their heels. I love having an opponent confused on what's coming next. For users that are really aggressive against the run, a simple change side of run fake when doing a PA works great.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:44 AM   #23
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

West Coast style with as many hot routes as Peyton Manning or if not that,the Patriot style with the TEs.
Old 08-04-2012, 08:04 PM   #24
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52
I run a lot so, I use short-passes, but sometimes I'll use the PA to set up a deep pass to catch the safeties playing up for support.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »