Home

NHL 13 Video - Gameplay, New Broadcast View Included

This is a discussion on NHL 13 Video - Gameplay, New Broadcast View Included within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2012, 02:07 PM   #9
Pro

I3RIS3H's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Exclusive First Gameplay Reveal - NHL 13

Disappointed to see New York Arena and Chicago Stadium in the middle of the Ice, but I'm still impressed with the video.

The comments under the video are laughable, I can already see the kids crying because they'll actually have to work to get a goal.
NCAA: Kansas Jayhawks
Old 07-21-2012, 02:34 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

Wow, that heel turn from Hall looks awesome.

Really seems like you will have to work hard and use some creativity to score in this one. Fingers Crossed!
Old 07-21-2012, 02:35 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm now excited about the game. The goalie saves from 3mins 20 onwards looked really nice.

Pleased for the broadcast cam guys, looks like their wish has been granted in fine style.

A bit disappointing to see some center-ice licenses missing again but at least it looks as if the blue within the Isles logo has been lightened up at last. It used to match the "Long Island Arena" wordmark rather than the jerseys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2012, 03:27 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Gameplay looks great. But what happen to the upgrades in presentation.It looks like the same entrance for the Rangers.There's no MSG,United Center, the Islanders still play at Long Island Arena, you know they're not going to put in the TD gardens in Boston. So we get 3 of the oringnal six's arenas that a good start to realism in the game. PK Subban has the same generic face.If they are not going to at least make the top 5 players on each team look like themselves then I don't see where their upgrades in presentation are going this year. The rinks still all look the same, the score and time are the same, so where are the upgrades in prensentation.The gameplay does look great and I'm still going to buy it but I just don't understand how every other EASports game continues to get upgrades in presentation except the NHL series.
Old 07-21-2012, 03:49 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 13 Video - Gameplay, New Broadcast View Included

the problem is that still not one player ever screws up receiving the pass or trapping the puck... always a perfect touch, same thing when any player is skating with the puck... that means to me almost every player will have a simliar feel bar speed, which really leaves out any type of individuality for the players and leaves the game feeling of no soul.... Seems to run amouck in all EA games
Old 07-21-2012, 04:01 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 15

good video
Old 07-21-2012, 04:17 PM   #15
Pro

drewst18's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by animal829
Gameplay looks great. But what happen to the upgrades in presentation.It looks like the same entrance for the Rangers.There's no MSG,United Center, the Islanders still play at Long Island Arena, you know they're not going to put in the TD gardens in Boston. So we get 3 of the oringnal six's arenas that a good start to realism in the game. PK Subban has the same generic face.If they are not going to at least make the top 5 players on each team look like themselves then I don't see where their upgrades in presentation are going this year. The rinks still all look the same, the score and time are the same, so where are the upgrades in prensentation.The gameplay does look great and I'm still going to buy it but I just don't understand how every other EASports game continues to get upgrades in presentation except the NHL series.
Who really cares about that stuff. Hell I would rather them dummy down the presentation attempts. I am wanting to play a solid hockey game, I would be absolutely thrilled if they didn't take another second to improve the faces of the players and focused all of their energy on game modes and game play.

Especially presentation mentioned. The licenses sucks mostly cause they just cut a huge cost and theres no way we will see any of that, they kinda just said sucks to be you, but really the rest of the stuff isn't even "presentation" The presentation that needs to be better is the commentary

The only time you see the players face is when your going through the long cut scenes that people want to skip anyway. I know around here I am in the minority in terms of online play.

In the end it comes down to I'd (and I assume most people) would rather the player play like his real self than look like him and I think EA is finally getting the message. That looked great.

- The Quick save was fantastic. Loved the blocker sprawling save. Some of them seemed a little over the top but the goalie improvements look great. They were trying to show us something new like the save on the butt, even though its already in the game and just like last year the goalie seems to make it at weird times.

- The skating backwards has me a little worried. Being a BAP/EASHL guy its stupid as hell a guy can back skate end to end with perfect balance/puck control

- Speed looks great but it is starting to look like your going to be able to skate right around computer D

- Love the chop poke! Fantastic addition

- The neutral zone set ups look awesome, but until as long as the puck control is ramped up to completely unrealistic levels it is going to be easy to enter the zone, but regardless the improvements look fantastic should be fun.

Last edited by drewst18; 07-21-2012 at 04:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2012, 04:38 PM   #16
Rookie

pj_28's Arena

OVR: 3

This looks awesome, looking forward to this one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »