Home

FIFA 13 Career Mode Preview, New Features and Introduces New Skill Games

This is a discussion on FIFA 13 Career Mode Preview, New Features and Introduces New Skill Games within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2012, 08:58 AM   #1
Efficiency = Joy

NaturalSelected's Arena

OVR: 21
FIFA 13 Career Mode Preview, New Features and Introduces New Skill Games

FSB has posted a bunch of FIFA 13 career mode details, including new features and details a new addition called Skill Games.
Quote:
The first thing we saw was the removal of the Player Manager option. That’s been done for various reasons, which are covered in the interview we’re posting tomorrow, I won’t go over them here. So we plumped for a Managerial Career with Chelsea, It was the most neutral team we could think of with a big enough budget to play with. I’d like to point out that Dave was driving, so some of the more bizarre decisions were down to him.
Quote:
We were asked to find out about lots of different things before we went to EAC but the one part of FIFA 13 you all wanted to know about most was Career Mode. That’s why we’re incredibly pleased to bring you this rundown of the modes new features which address many community requests of old and, introduce some truly staggering new technical innovations.
Quote:
A new addition for FIFA 13 are Skill Games, incorporated into the game using the new physics capabilities that came with the Impact Engine. On the surface it looks like they’re aimed at newcomers to FIFA (which they are) but they should also offer seasoned players a way to see areas of the games controls that they might not know about too. The idea primarily is aimed at teaching people the fundamentals of FIFA, step-by-step cranking up the difficulty of each particular skills area to show you more and more.
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Boston Celtics
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2012, 09:29 AM   #2
MVP

lisinas's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: FIFA 13 Career Mode - The New Features

Your manager now appears on the touchline in matches based on customisation options chosen at the start of Career Mode.

Some really nice small features they added there , im really all hyped for fifa 13 now
Old 07-23-2012, 11:17 AM   #3
Rookie

THE YAMA's Arena

OVR: 10
What a great read! As if I wasn't excited enough about this game, my excitement level is through the roof now. The new transfer negotiations had me sold. The ability to offer a player + cash in transfers is exactly what I wanted.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:28 AM   #4
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: FIFA 13 Career Mode Preview, New Features and Introduces New Skill Games

I give FIFA a lot of credit for revamping MM. Solid updates.

I wonder if you can play internationally with your BAP.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:38 AM   #5
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Great additions. Now I just need to hear that they fixed the progression of youth players and I'll be extremely happy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2012, 01:44 PM   #6
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
I give FIFA a lot of credit for revamping MM. Solid updates.

I wonder if you can play internationally with your BAP.
exactly what I'm wondering. I sure hope so.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:21 PM   #7
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Definitely some nice additions.

Didn't like this snippet from the CM preview:

Quote:
As for gameplay, there’s some updated impressions being posted later, but I’d be hard pushed to say we noticed the AI behaving particularly differently based on the team or reacting to events, which will be a downer for some people.
So another year of all teams basically playing the same? Has anyone else seen anything describing teams having a different play style?

Why do the members of the development team who work on gameplay for EA Sports games not care about this? All of their games suffer from this, and it is the reason their games get boring so quickly. These features in CM are nice and will do a good job of immersing you into the game, but then you actually get to playing the games and..........
Old 07-23-2012, 03:30 PM   #8
MVP

Ermolli's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
So another year of all teams basically playing the same? Has anyone else seen anything describing teams having a different play style?

Why do the members of the development team who work on gameplay for EA Sports games not care about this? All of their games suffer from this, and it is the reason their games get boring so quickly. These features in CM are nice and will do a good job of immersing you into the game, but then you actually get to playing the games and..........
That's why I'm not that interested in the game, if the teams don't play tru to themselves then it takes away from the all the other interesting feature this game has.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »