Home

NHL 13 GM Connected Mode Revealed with Video and Blog

This is a discussion on NHL 13 GM Connected Mode Revealed with Video and Blog within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2012, 09:05 PM   #17
EA Game Changer

LuGer33's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NHL 13 GM Connected Mode Revealed with Video and Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Thats a shame. I wonder why they wouldnt include that functionality in normal online VS...
Well online VS is supposed to be 1v1 head to head. It annoys me that they even allow guests in ranked matches. Out of curiosity, what's the problem w/ just going into the OTP (not Be a Pro but NHL teams OTP) lobbies and setting up games there?
Old 07-25-2012, 09:09 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 15

Because I dont like playing with that first person view. My friends and I love playing at my house together in an online VS game. They added this functionality into CC GM and I am very surprised they didnt add this simple functionality.....
Old 07-25-2012, 11:03 PM   #19
Rookie

desi08's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuGer33
Well online VS is supposed to be 1v1 head to head. It annoys me that they even allow guests in ranked matches. Out of curiosity, what's the problem w/ just going into the OTP (not Be a Pro but NHL teams OTP) lobbies and setting up games there?
dude, thanks for the info on connected BAGM. Do they have a timetable for EASHL news? I have a boatload of suggestions but want to see if any are addressed prior to making a whole thread about it.

Maybe I should write a book...or some volumes...tomes?
Old 07-26-2012, 12:00 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 0
Trying to get a league of OS only for NHL CONNECTED CAREERS. SHOTGUN DEVILS
Old 07-26-2012, 02:35 AM   #21
Pro

JezFranco's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Because I dont like playing with that first person view. My friends and I love playing at my house together in an online VS game. They added this functionality into CC GM and I am very surprised they didnt add this simple functionality.....
This! +1

I have 2-3 friends whom I play offline co-op with regularly.
We usually start a season with a random team, and work us way through the series.
We'd always said that it would be so amazing if we could just pickup our season online, and have a co-op game like mid-week.
All in the mid-30's with wifes and kids and whatnot, it's not all as easy to setup long offline gaming sessions, and all we want is to finish a season.

Thank you EA - This game is officially better than sex
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2012, 08:45 AM   #22
MVP

I really like playing Online VS match with a guest at my house. One of my best friends moved down to Miami this year and I really wish they would have added the functionality to invite him to an online VS game so that we can play CO-OP just like we used to at my house on the same console.

Luger doesn't think they added that functionality this year other then it being in Connected GM mode. I am really dissapointed by this
Old 07-26-2012, 09:44 AM   #23
Pro

JimmyDeicide's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
I really like playing Online VS match with a guest at my house. One of my best friends moved down to Miami this year and I really wish they would have added the functionality to invite him to an online VS game so that we can play CO-OP just like we used to at my house on the same console.

Luger doesn't think they added that functionality this year other then it being in Connected GM mode. I am really dissapointed by this
Just join a league and there you have it you and your mate against the world.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:55 AM   #24
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuGer33
I actually played around in NHL 12 last night and it does appear you can play OTP from normal view and invite friends. (Unranked only) It looks like you can make the lobby 4-12 people and then invite your friend and make the rest public. My question is, if the other two guys who join in start playing and one backs out during the game... Does this disconnect the entire game?

There also seems to be an option to invite an XBOX Live party. For those who have experience how does this work? Can I just grab my party and go into an online ranked OTP quick search? Do I have to play unranked? And if I am using a party do I have to create my own custom match? (I would prefer to just take me and my friend and do a quick search for a game just like online VS matches)

Thanks for any help with these questions!!

EDIT: I am not referring to the EAHSL (first person camera). I am just referring to online team play where me and a friend can play co-op using the standard camera view)

Last edited by ch46647; 07-26-2012 at 10:50 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »