Home

NHL 13 GM Connected Details Arrive Next Week, What Are You Hoping For?

This is a discussion on NHL 13 GM Connected Details Arrive Next Week, What Are You Hoping For? within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2012, 07:15 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Oh and I know nobody has played NHL 13 yet. but how was the 12? I just wanna know where we're at actually.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2012, 10:43 PM   #66
Rookie

desi08's Arena

Re: NHL 13 GM Connected Details Arrive Next Week, What Are You Hoping For?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMoten1
Oh and I know nobody has played NHL 13 yet. but how was the 12? I just wanna know where we're at actually.

NHL12 had some good things and bad things. Overall, I thought NHL11 was better. I recently got NHL09 for my PC and I can tell you the leap from NHL09 to NHL11/12 is unreal. If you haven't played the series in a while, I would recommend it.

Most of my gripes are just little things that are messed up in a small window of development, but playing a game a few years old has shown me this game has come a very long way for the best.
Old 07-26-2012, 02:36 PM   #67
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by desi08
NHL12 had some good things and bad things. Overall, I thought NHL11 was better. I recently got NHL09 for my PC and I can tell you the leap from NHL09 to NHL11/12 is unreal. If you haven't played the series in a while, I would recommend it.

Most of my gripes are just little things that are messed up in a small window of development, but playing a game a few years old has shown me this game has come a very long way for the best.
Funny, I loved 10, thought 11 was a step back in many ways, and 12 was pretty good. In many ways, 10 is still my favorite, though I do still play 12. I don't even have 11 anymore.
Old 07-26-2012, 02:46 PM   #68
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

NHL 09 is still my favorite EA hockey game from this generation because it was the last version to not have any DLC player boosts, plus it had the correct 4 vs. 4 OT and shootout rules during OTP and EASHL games.

Since there were no attribute boosts back then, you couldn't get a bunch of your player ratings up to 99 like you've been able to since NHL 10.

The game played so much better online when everyone was stuck with realistic player ratings.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:03 PM   #69
Rookie

desi08's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
NHL 09 is still my favorite EA hockey game from this generation because it was the last version to not have any DLC player boosts, plus it had the correct 4 vs. 4 OT and shootout rules during OTP and EASHL games.

Since there were no attribute boosts back then, you couldn't get a bunch of your player ratings up to 99 like you've been able to since NHL 10.

The game played so much better online when everyone was stuck with realistic player ratings.

can't argue with that at all. the EASHL has been the source of so much pleasure and anguish with this series since its inception. love it, but hate all the cheesing little glitchers. we have to sit there and scout to make sure we don't play teams with those 50% shooting percentage douches. infuriating.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:25 PM   #70
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksss
The schedule for the 1st year is no problem because EA will just copy the schedule of for 2012-13. But the following year...EA should make an improvement in this area. There were games that I need to play 4 consecutive days..... WTH...NHL is not MLB.
Ha. I forgot about this ridiculous schedule thing. I hope this got addressed.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »