Home

What's up with Live being off of the EA Earnings Upcoming Releases List?

This is a discussion on What's up with Live being off of the EA Earnings Upcoming Releases List? within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2012, 01:01 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 48
1. If NBA LIVE is delayed, they are behind the 8ball. 2K will K.O them this year again.
2. If NBA LIVE is cancelled, the dev-team is done and EA may try one other team to develop a game, and EA will probably lose their contract with the NBA!

My question is: why didnt the new dev-team totally start from scratch on the Live13 game, instead of stripping down and rebuilding off of NBA ELITE 11?

cheers
Old 08-01-2012, 01:11 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUFFNREADY
1. If NBA LIVE is delayed, they are behind the 8ball. 2K will K.O them this year again.
2. If NBA LIVE is cancelled, the dev-team is done and EA may try one other team to develop a game, and EA will probably lose their contract with the NBA!

My question is: why didnt the new dev-team totally start from scratch on the Live13 game, instead of stripping down and rebuilding off of NBA ELITE 11?

cheers
1. There is no competition between NBA Live and NBA 2K. There won't be for 3 years at least. NBA Live has already been K.O.'d

2. The Dev Team won't be scrapped because they were just put together in Fall of Last year. They didn't even get a Full Dev Cycle to make this game. I do agree with you that they may lose their contract if the game doesn't come out. I know the NBA's Director in marketing was disappointed in how things shaped up with Elite 11. It wouldn't be smart for the NBA to only have one license, especially when we don't know 2ksports future with majority of their sport games gone.

Answer to your question: If they started from scratch then that would be like taking off another year. The dev team should have been put together right after NBA ELITE 11 was cancelled. A 3 year process should have been in effect, but that's not the case. Because you have something to work with from NBA Elite, you give yourself time and can maybe salvage what's left of a bad game.
Old 08-01-2012, 01:14 PM   #11
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
Wow. How embarrassing this must be for those guys. I mean, how do you get this far (twice) and then suddenly realize your game isn't up to snuff? I realize they've been hush about it for the past couple of months, but why show up at E3 at all if the game is a mess? I would rather come out as early as possible to say "hey guys, we're on track to have a great product in 2014" than to spend one minute of my time hyping a game that I know in my heart won't be released at all. Seeing this earnings report is a dagger to my heart, as it represents the first real evidence that Live 13 may not happen. Not bashing 2k, I was just looking forward to the competition, and hopefully for something a bit more new and refreshing. Oh, well, que sera, sera.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2012, 01:19 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 4
i'm not sure but nba live is the only EA game that is never in this list.
Old 08-01-2012, 01:23 PM   #13
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: What's up with Live being off of the EA Earnings Upcoming Releases List?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyHard
i'm not sure but nba live is the only EA game that is never in this list.
...but it was the only one coming off of a cacellation wasnt it?
Old 08-01-2012, 01:39 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 10
@ 22 Cedric... Why are u so sure that the game will come out?
Old 08-01-2012, 01:42 PM   #15
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Has any of OS writers contacted EA about the status of NBA live?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2012, 03:13 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

Things are starting to look very bad for Live 13.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »