Home

NCAA Football 13 Tuner Update Released, Coach Trust Points and LB Reaction Adjusted

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Tuner Update Released, Coach Trust Points and LB Reaction Adjusted within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2012, 12:30 AM   #17
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NCAA Football 13 Tuner Update Released, Coach Trust Points and LB Reaction Adjust

I'm confused. I downloaded the tuner and have played a couple games since, both of them with me utilizing an option offense and I did not see any difference in the way CPU LB's react. It'd be nice if they told us in what way they fixed it because on the surface, I don't see anything different from before.

What I did notice is that DB's still don't react to the option from time to time, which is what the problem has always been. Guess that comes later.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:39 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: NCAA Football 13 Tuner Update Released, Coach Trust Points and LB Reaction Adjust

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
In all their testing?
All their testing may have been about 5 minutes. It couldn't have been longer than that given how many issues there are.
Old 08-02-2012, 02:40 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
I don't get what your saying I had AI try three field goals inside 35 yards. They missed 2 of 3.

Really? I'm in week 3 of my second season in dynasty and I've only seen the cpu miss 1 fg that was in the kickers range. The FG kicking against me has been completely absurd.
"In the morning he would read the Bible with another coach. Then, in the afternoon, he would go out and cheat kids who had probably saved up money from mowing lawns to buy those raffle tickets. That's Jim Tressel."
Old 08-02-2012, 03:53 AM   #20
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott812313
Really? I'm in week 3 of my second season in dynasty and I've only seen the cpu miss 1 fg that was in the kickers range. The FG kicking against me has been completely absurd.
Did you adjust their slider?
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 08-02-2012, 09:06 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
From what I seen on default All American, Linebackers react slow to it and DB's in they are in man, don't notice it at 1st because they follow the WR 1st. Block shedding across the board seemed to have been tuned down as well. Not seeing many defensive linemen instantly shedding their blocks on option plays or run plays to the outside like before. Nor if you run up the middle do they instantly do a 180 and tackle you.

OL do a much better job blocking now too. How ever they get highly confused if you blitz. Quite funny to watch a linemen trying to decide who to block, the incoming LB or the DL right in front of him.

QBs run much harder now on option plays. Seen a couple new break tackle animations. Over all the break tackle attempts by ball carriers have increased. They try to spin out of tackles a lot more. They aren't successful at it though most of the time, but it is nice they at least attempted to break the tackle. When they do successfully break a tackle though, look out, they put it in 3rd gear.

Defensive pursuit across the board seemed to have been tuned down as well. Their catch up speed isn't as fast as it use to be. So now you literally can see players running around another player only 3 feet away from them and not get caught.

Seen Georgia Tech do an option play from their own 5 yard line. QB was in the end zone, LB came, I thought oh cool safety, nope, QB just ran around him and turned what normally would have been a 8 yard lost and a safety to a 15 yard gain. Once he got to the corner he was gone.

That seems to be the overall theme now. If they can turn the corner, they are gone, for a good 8 yards or more. Screen plays have improved, DTs don't run as fast up the middle anymore. So now you will see screen plays go for big yards.

The CPU is kind of like a roller coaster now. 1st quarter they play really good. 2nd and 3rd quarter they play so so, come 4th quarter they kick it up to high gear and the best players on the team really step up.

All in all the CPU can now run the option pretty effective. Their positive yard rate success rate is around 70%. A lot of 3 and 4 yard gains, with some 16 and 30 yard gains sprinkled in with some 4 yard loses every now and then.

Way better then before.

Now EA needs to fine tune special teams and defensive ends pass rush.
The ONLY things that were adjusted were LB not reacting correctly to the option and coach trust in rtg. That is it, not blocking or QB running the ball. Those 2 items and those only.

That being said the linebacker pursuit did seem to work much better vs the option. Ran the option about 50% of my run plays and didn't see any issues.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2012, 09:41 AM   #22
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
If only they could fix the HORRIBLE cpu qb sacks on screen passes. In all their testing, did they NEVER catch this was an issue????
Amen, brother.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:45 AM   #23
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
The ONLY things that were adjusted were LB not reacting correctly to the option and coach trust in rtg. That is it, not blocking or QB running the ball. Those 2 items and those only.

That being said the linebacker pursuit did seem to work much better vs the option. Ran the option about 50% of my run plays and didn't see any issues.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
I'm sure you probably don't know the answer to this, so I'm really just asking the question quasi-rhetorically, but why would they release a tuner making only one gameplay change.

As someone with no knowledge of how this process works, it would seem logical to me that they would make this change to the LB's, that they would make some other gameplay tweaks as well.

Unless they're finally changing their M.O. in terms of how often they release tuners, then I would think that they would want to put more into this one.

Skillz is quite perceptive about gameplay and A.I. changes, so I'm going to take a chance and download this tuner and see if their have been other improvements. I can always delete it again if need be.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:02 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I'm sure you probably don't know the answer to this, so I'm really just asking the question quasi-rhetorically, but why would they release a tuner making only one gameplay change.

As someone with no knowledge of how this process works, it would seem logical to me that they would make this change to the LB's, that they would make some other gameplay tweaks as well.

Unless they're finally changing their M.O. in terms of how often they release tuners, then I would think that they would want to put more into this one.

Skillz is quite perceptive about gameplay and A.I. changes, so I'm going to take a chance and download this tuner and see if their have been other improvements. I can always delete it again if need be.
The reason he knows the answer better than SKillz is because he actually read what EA said. They only tweaked the LB things. If you go and read the twitter posts that are linked on the first post you would know the same thing. Just because someone plays the damn game and see something different doesnt change the fact that the only tweaked ONE thing. They did not say they changed anything else but the LB stuff. Here is another link https://twitter.com/eancaafootball if you still want to question. SOME PEOPLE!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »