Home

Madden NFL 13 Recognizes Over 6,000 Kinect Voice Commands and Dynamic Grammars

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Recognizes Over 6,000 Kinect Voice Commands and Dynamic Grammars within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2012, 09:47 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Madden NFL 13 Recognizes Over 6,000 Kinect Voice Commands and Dynamic Grammars

Eurogamer recently spoke with Madden NFL 13 Designer Victor Lugo, as they discuss some the Kinect features, including dynamic grammar and over 6,000 voice commands.

Quote:
Example: "Manningham. Streak. O Line. Aggressive. Set hike!" No fiddling with menus, less fuss. That's how it works at a basic level, and: "For advanced users we allow you to use the controller as well as use your voice to get that extra command in and edge out your buddies," said Logan. But there's more. "One thing we're doing, which is pretty innovative with this game, is using what we're calling dynamic grammars," Logan said. "There are commands that we're loading directly into the game right now. What dynamic grammars do is take text and dynamically load it in, the name of the characters you have, your custom audibles and basically uses phonics to sound it out."

Which is a long-winded way of saying: "If you type your name in there you can just say your name. If you put all your custom audibles in you'll be able to say them. All that adds up to the ability to add any play into the game and call out the name of any player, and that's over 6,000 commands." Neat.
Platform: Xbox 360
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2012, 10:25 AM   #2
I am Batmoose

MooseBoyJ's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 13 Recognizes Over 6,000 Kinect Voice Commands, Dynamic Grammars Expla

"If you type your name in there you can just say your name. If you put all your custom audibles in you'll be able to say them. All that adds up to the ability to add any play into the game and call out the name of any player, and that's over 6,000 commands."

So can we design and add plays into playbooks? Create a whole new custom playbook?
Old 08-03-2012, 01:03 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 15
Nice, just got me a kinect for this game only. Just got word that NBA 2K13 is going to use Kinect too. YES!!!
Old 08-03-2012, 03:08 PM   #4
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Madden NFL 13 Recognizes Over 6,000 Kinect Voice Commands and Dynamic Grammars

I hope the Kinect 2.0 comes with some sort of force feedback.

(Can you imagine the hit stick?... or better yet - Mortal Kombat?)
Old 08-03-2012, 03:27 PM   #5
Rookie

Gaycandybacon's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 13 Recognizes Over 6,000 Kinect Voice Commands and Dynamic Grammars

If I suduce the kinect will it help me win the superbowl??

Gamertag: Gaycandybacon Add me :D

Twitter: @Gaycandybacon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2012, 03:30 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Definitely getting a Kinect just for this!
Old 08-03-2012, 03:46 PM   #7
Banned

Crazed69's Arena

OVR: 0

I still can't understand why we can't use the mic to do the same commands, why do we need kinect?? can't believe ppl are consider buying a $150 kinect for this, unless they are being sarcastic
Old 08-03-2012, 03:50 PM   #8
Rookie

Gaycandybacon's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazed69
I still can't understand why we can't use the mic to do the same commands, why do we need kinect?? can't believe ppl are consider buying a $150 kinect for this, unless they are being sarcastic

It's not like they're taking advantage of the people that don't have the Kinect... Sure they want you to be encouraged to use the kinect but I don't think it's unfair to non-kinect owners.

And Idk how the whole mic thing would work. If you were for instance, talking to another player online?

Gamertag: Gaycandybacon Add me :D

Twitter: @Gaycandybacon

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »