Home

Madden NFL 13 Screenshot - Walter Payton Sweetness #2

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Screenshot - Walter Payton Sweetness #2 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2012, 11:05 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Madden NFL 13 Screenshot - Walter Payton Sweetness #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
Can that single snap chinstrap be applied to modern helmets?

Hopefully. I know they added a bunch of new equipment but since we cant edit hopefully they add do a better job replicating players real equipment
Old 08-03-2012, 04:49 PM   #18
MVP

DGuinta1's Arena

OVR: 29
Something looks off to me, don't know what though.
Old 08-03-2012, 04:58 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 49

I can't believe people can say this looks good. I usually let it go, but I want to show just how far off Madden player models are. To get these models to be even close to correct proportions, I had to greatly increase the body, and legs to match those giant heads, shoulders, and gorilla arms.

Here is EA's screenshot

Here is a little closer to reality

and here is somewhere between. Either way, it is a huge difference in size!!

I don't mean to be rude, but here is the evidence in front of everyone. These player models are still terrible.

I will say the art work inside the player models is pretty good and in some cases fantastic. These player models though should be a easy fix, it is mostly legs and body size work. I will agree though that the numbers need to be raised, and the faskmasks could be a little thicker if we are getting picky. I'm not a huge show, pad, etc kind of person...but I will agree the basic player models need to be right!

Last edited by wheelman990; 08-03-2012 at 05:06 PM.
Old 08-03-2012, 05:01 PM   #20
MVP

DGuinta1's Arena

I sure miss sweetness, but yea agree not liking this model.
Old 08-03-2012, 05:05 PM   #21
MVP

DGuinta1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaglesFan1825
Maybe it's just me, but it looks like you just zoomed in on the second picture. Other than that, they all look the same to me.
Agree above post.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2012, 05:09 PM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaglesFan1825
Maybe it's just me, but it looks like you just zoomed in on the second picture. Other than that, they all look the same to me.
This is why most people wont notice a difference, its the same with audio. unless you are someone who really see's things, and even works in editing you wont even notice. Some peoples opinions are so off. No disrespect, it's just the way it is. If you can't see the difference in those photo's regarding player proportion, you should probably think twice before talking player models, it is HUGE!

I only increased size of the legs and body, everything is 100% untouched. The reason the field looks the same is it is. I just patched over the small areas around new legs where the old legs still showed.

Look how much larger the legs and body are, they go off the screen! It's the same photo. Anything over stomach wasn't touched. The point is to show how bad the player model proportions are. Look at EA's photo. It looks like gorilla arms, and midget legs. The body is so small it makes the numbers down on the stomach

Last edited by wheelman990; 08-03-2012 at 05:17 PM.
Old 08-03-2012, 05:20 PM   #23
Banned

EXACT same photo, but I increased leg and body size ONLY so that they look proportioned to above the stomach areas. Look how much further the legs stretch off the screen!

To make it easy to see(hopefully)...the ONLY thing that was edited(only size adjustments) is everything inside the circle

Last edited by wheelman990; 08-03-2012 at 05:28 PM.
Old 08-03-2012, 05:25 PM   #24
Pro

cuttingteeth's Arena

OVR: 14
Location: I live on the road - ghosting servers of family members...haha.

I work in film, so I understand what you mean about having an editor's eye...but, I also remember mentions of EA applying motion blur of sorts to this year. I think what we may be seeing in the picture is this code's attempt at depth-of-field. Payton is rather leaned forward (towards us) in the original pic, or at least that is the look it it trying to present..? It's almost got a fish-eye-lens effect...not fully...just a hint.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »