Home

Madden NFL 13 Screenshot - Walter Payton Sweetness #2

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Screenshot - Walter Payton Sweetness #2 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2012, 05:27 PM   #25
Banned

StrawHat Patriot's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Madden NFL 13 Screenshot - Walter Payton Sweetness #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990

EXACT same photo, but I increased leg and body size ONLY so that they look proportioned to above the stomach areas. Look how much further the legs stretch off the screen!
I agree. It's like the sleeves they've added, the arms are too long now and it looks ugly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2012, 05:31 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttingteeth
I work in film, so I understand what you mean about having an editor's eye...but, I also remember mentions of EA applying motion blur of sorts to this year. I think what we may be seeing in the picture is this code's attempt at depth-of-field. Payton is rather leaned forward (towards us) in the original pic, or at least that is the look it it trying to present..? It's almost got a fish-eye-lens effect...not fully...just a hint.
Good eye, and that was a thought I had also with this photo. However, I've edited many different photo's of Maddens models and every time it looks better with slightly larger body's, and a good amount larger legs.

If we take a Maddens player model and were to stand them straight, hands to their sides, there finger tips would pretty much touch there knee's. I would say shorten the arms, but then the head and football is still too big. Easiest way is to expand legs and body IMO. This actually makes the helmet, arms, and football all proportion well with the rest.

I will agree that in this photo, field depth might be a slight cause of this photo looking worse then normal.

Last edited by wheelman990; 08-03-2012 at 05:37 PM.
Old 08-03-2012, 05:34 PM   #27
Pro

cuttingteeth's Arena

OVR: 14
Location: I live on the road - ghosting servers of family members...haha.

Yeah, look at the ball, and then look at his helmet. Those are the closest things to us in the original pic. The depth-of-field aspects of what is behind those two areas is what does seem to be off just a little bit.

Oh, and looking even closer, now, everything "past" the ball and helmet do have some blur on them, with the background sideline and crowd being out of focus like real cameras.

Last edited by cuttingteeth; 08-03-2012 at 05:37 PM. Reason: more info.
Old 08-03-2012, 05:48 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttingteeth
Yeah, look at the ball, and then look at his helmet. Those are the closest things to us in the original pic. The depth-of-field aspects of what is behind those two areas is what does seem to be off just a little bit.

Oh, and looking even closer, now, everything "past" the ball and helmet do have some blur on them, with the background sideline and crowd being out of focus like real cameras.
It's not just this screenshot, it is all of them.

And if your theory was correct, then his left arm should be much smaller then his right, and his right leg much smaller then his left. Sad truth is, it's all out of wack.
Old 08-03-2012, 05:51 PM   #29
MVP

DGuinta1's Arena

OVR: 29
Glad I don't notice as much in games as some of you though I can understand the frustration. Geez this is 2012 get er done with today's technology.
Old 08-03-2012, 06:03 PM   #30
Banned

AttackAttack's Arena

OVR: 6

The shoulders should be huge. It's the early 80s. I think the screenshot looks better than the edited pictures.

Old 08-03-2012, 06:13 PM   #31
Banned

StrawHat Patriot's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by AttackAttack
The shoulders should be huge. It's the early 80s. I think the screenshot looks better than the edited pictures.

He's talking about how the arms are disproportional. The picture you should is more of a result of the equipment.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2012, 06:20 PM   #32
MVP

reverend_heat's Arena

OVR: 6

The actual facemask is horrendous in the game pic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »