Home

If NBA Live 13 Doesn't Hit an Oct. 2 Release Date, It's as Good as Failing to Launch

This is a discussion on If NBA Live 13 Doesn't Hit an Oct. 2 Release Date, It's as Good as Failing to Launch within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2012, 09:32 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
If NBA Live 13 Doesn't Hit an Oct. 2 Release Date, It's as Good as Failing to Launch

Strong words from Kotaku's Owen Good, in his latest NBA Live 13 article. This isn't Duke Nukem Forever or Half-Life 3, love it.

Quote:
EA Sports has aggressively pushed the talking point that NBA Live 13 isn't coming off a three-year development cycle, and that's reasonable. Elite represented an entire year of wasted development. The project was reassigned to a different studio, and the new team had to tear it down and understand what it was working with. That accounted for a lot of 2011.

But this isn't Duke Nukem Forever or Half-Life 3. The release date of a simulation sports video game is predictable years in advance. If NBA Live 13 misses that date, for any reason, the reaction will be swift and merciless. It'll be as good as failing to launch.

Source - For NBA Live, an Uncomfortable Silence Speaks for Itself
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2012, 10:00 PM   #2
On the road again

Blue's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: For NBA Live, an Uncomfortable Silence Speaks for Itself

I think if live returns 13 will be a solid structured game but will need improvement, I say this cause they seem to be on a shorter window than what they would normally have and look as though they are starting from scratch, I'm hoping they go back and look at some of the bells and whistles of past games that made them richer, more in depth, I loved the trophy/hall of fame like room they had in 04, I hope to see that return in some way and I really hope they follow up on their pitch where they focus on the future of basketball and make an in depth franchise mode that I haven't seen in live or 2k in years. I don't expect 13 to blow me away, but I do expect EA to step up and take in the heat theyll probably get for 13s holes and make 14 an amazing experience...
Old 08-05-2012, 10:43 PM   #3
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37
If it takes having someone who played professional bball on the Live team to point out to the devs that Derrick Rose and Kendrick Perkins don't have the same jab step..then this title is finished.

What else is there to say?

You don't have people who know basketball working on the game.

I'd say it's time to save face and just cancel the game.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-05-2012, 11:02 PM   #4
Rookie

THE YAMA's Arena

OVR: 10
Agreed with the above poster. Cancel the series, and move on to another license. Baseball perhaps?
Old 08-05-2012, 11:26 PM   #5
Banned

DukeC's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: If NBA Live 13 Doesn't Hit an Oct. 2 Release Date, It's as Good as Failing to Lau

From the HipHop Gamer. This was 2 weeks ago and a follow up to his Live 13 "Shots Fired" video

NSFW: Music in the background has swearing in it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2012, 11:27 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: For NBA Live, an Uncomfortable Silence Speaks for Itself

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueDude
but I do expect EA to step up and take in the heat theyll probably get for 13s holes and make 14 an amazing experience...
Off the topic of basketball, but for comparison's sake, yup, just like my Red Sox, wait 'til next year...
Old 08-05-2012, 11:42 PM   #7
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: If NBA Live 13 Doesn't Hit an Oct. 2 Release Date, It's as Good as Failing to Lau

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC
From the HipHop Gamer. This was 2 weeks ago and a follow up to his Live 13 "Shots Fired" video

He's needs to shut up and let EA show the damn game and let it speak for it's self. Tired of hearing him and his damn going to be's and going to be's...

Personally he is saying nothing, other than Live is scared of the competition and is terrified of failure.

Last edited by Behindshadows; 08-06-2012 at 12:17 AM.
Old 08-05-2012, 11:46 PM   #8
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37
NBA Live for this generation of consoles is finished. EA Sports must acknowledge this and stop wasting time removing and adding features to their games...hire some folks who know the sports they seek to reproduce and live up to the billing "If its in the game, its in the game"......#I'llwait

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »