Home

Anatomy of a Money Play: The Rooksie Option

This is a discussion on Anatomy of a Money Play: The Rooksie Option within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2012, 11:44 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Anatomy of a Money Play: The Rooksie Option

It’s no fun to play against someone who takes advantage of glitches or bugs to seal a victory. You all know the type.

But then there are tactics that fall into a hazy ethical ground. They’re not exactly cheating, but something about them doesn’t quite feel right. In football games, one of the clearest examples is the money play. In this article, we’ll take a look at one of these plays that you’ll want to watch out for in NCAA Football 13.

Read More - Anatomy of a Money Play: The Rooksie Option
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2012, 04:46 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 9
I keep trying this in practice with my Ole Miss offline dynasty and I get blown up 9 out of ten times. My offensive line is all pretty much rated in the low to mid 80s too.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:00 PM   #3
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Anatomy of a Money Play: The Rooksie Option

I'm a little confused about how this takes advantage of a glitch or a bug or any sort of hazy gray area. You said it yourself, if you come out in Punt Safe, you're going to stop it. Shouldn't that be how it is for a fake punt? If you're running a straight return, you'll always have that risk that the opponent is running a fake and it could go for yards. If you're worried about a fake or someone going for it (and you always should be online), you probably come out in Punt Safe or Base Defense regardless of the situation.

In this case, you can pretty safely assume that someone is up to no good when they come out in this tight punt formation, so even if you're out of position why not just audible to a defensive play and stop it?

Sorry but this play would have a 0% success rate against anyone with common sense and it doesn't take advantage of anything. Not even a little bit. You'd be better off putting Denard Robinson at punter and running fake punt pass or just going for it.

Last edited by PowerofRed25; 08-09-2012 at 05:07 PM.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:52 PM   #4
Madden & NBA 2K fanatic

Joobieo's Arena

OVR: 19

After running this once vs someone with common sense I don't see this working . Just run punt safe .
Old 08-10-2012, 02:31 AM   #5
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS

It’s no fun to play against someone who takes advantage of glitches or bugs to seal a victory. You all know the type.

But then there are tactics that fall into a hazy ethical ground. They’re not exactly cheating, but something about them doesn’t quite feel right. In football games, one of the clearest examples is the money play. In this article, we’ll take a look at one of these plays that you’ll want to watch out for in NCAA Football 13.

Read More - Anatomy of a Money Play: The Rooksie Option
I am appalled that you don't have any named rosters. XD And uhm.. This play isn't taking advantage of.. Well anything. The AI defends it how it should be defended. If the guy you're playing is aggressive run Punt Safe and GG.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2012, 02:57 AM   #6
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDucks1224
I am appalled that you don't have any named rosters. XD And uhm.. This play isn't taking advantage of.. Well anything. The AI defends it how it should be defended. If the guy you're playing is aggressive run Punt Safe and GG.
Not to mention any time you call a fake vs the CPU, they come out in punt safe or a base defense and it would be shut down vs that.

If I'm playing a user who constantly drops in punt return despite it being 4th and Short, I'd go out of my way to run this. Football is as much about special teams as anything else, if you're going to fall asleep on special teams, I'd run this. So thanks for showing it. I thought I was always stuck with the horrible Fake Punt Run.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:34 AM   #7
Rookie

THE YAMA's Arena

OVR: 10
I have yet to be the victim of this nor have I used it on someone. Can't stand people who resort to this kind of stuff just to win a game.
Old 08-10-2012, 10:29 AM   #8
Pro

BTownSlinger's Arena

OVR: 5

Why is it bad that someone wants to win? Isn't that what it's all about?

If winning isn't such a big deal then why even complain about it? In real life teams use fakes all the time to try to win...

I don't mind it. If you are in a close game, play better football next time where the score isn't close.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »