Home

NBA 2K13 Preview - Control Stick, Passing and Real-Time Physics Collision System

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Preview - Control Stick, Passing and Real-Time Physics Collision System within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2012, 09:24 AM   #9
Plata o Plomo

iLLosophy's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: NBA 2K13 Preview and First Screenshots (Polygon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
yeah that's what I'm thinking as well...Left Trigger + R-Stick = Shotstick which I'm cool with....
!
Can't say I agree. Getting a shot off needs to be easier than getting a crossover off
Old 08-10-2012, 09:29 AM   #10
Rookie

TheGrandPuba26's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K13 Preview - Control Stick, Passing and Real-Time Physics Collision System

I always told my friends that if there was a way to integrate NBA Live 10's dribble mechanics with NBA 2K's overall package they would potentially make the most enjoyable basketball game to date. I'm glad that could come to fruition.

Mike Wang your my boy!
Old 08-10-2012, 09:29 AM   #11
Rookie

THE YAMA's Arena

OVR: 10
This is what I've been wanting to hear!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2012, 09:37 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 28
Wow.... I'm Excited... Live's controls were the only reason I would give that game a chance. Now with 2K incorporating it I have little reason to try the other game. Oh, and the option to bounce pass, bout time.....
Old 08-10-2012, 09:47 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K13 Preview - Control Stick, Passing and Real-Time Physics Collision System

User controlled bounce passing sounds amazing. I've been waiting for this for years!

Overall the new controls sound very promising. As others have said, not sure how they are going to implement both dribbling and shot controls to the right stick but the safe bet would be with a modifier like the left trigger. At first I thought they were doing away with the shot stick but I'm glad to hear that that wasn't an option.

Looks like 2K put in some work this year. Can't wait to hear more information.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:49 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 8

I think 2K may thank for EA...

EA introduces the freestyle superstar(live06),then 2k13 did it (signature icons)
EA uses R sticks for freestyle passing (live 10)then 2K11 did it
EA uses R sticks for dribble,then 2k13 did it now
EA introduces RTP(Elite),then 2K13 did it now

everything EA want do it ,then 2K make it better

maybe that's why EA do not show anything at this time!!

Last edited by tedus; 08-10-2012 at 10:14 AM.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:56 AM   #15
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14

the bounce passes sound interesting...but I only use icon passing, so does the left trigger bounce pass work with icon passes as well? or are icon passes still just automatically determined by the game?

we'll see how this new shot stick configuration works out, but it could be a mess. i can see a lot of unintentional shots happening when you just wanted to dribble, or vice versa. in my experience, cramming a lot of functions onto the same button or stick usually causes more frustration than anything...but, maybe 2k pulled it off. having to hold down the left trigger before shooting could cut down on the responsiveness of the shooting. i don't want to have to remember to hit a trigger before every shot...when you want to quickly get a shot up, you want to be able to just hit the stick without thinking about a trigger as well. i'd rather the dribbling require a trigger modifier. It feels like keeping the shot stick was maybe an attempt to stick with the familiar, when possibly just moving to a shot button would've been better.

sounds like a lot of changes...we'll see if they actually improve the game or if they were just changes for sake of change. hopefully it's the former.

Last edited by blues rocker; 08-10-2012 at 11:34 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2012, 10:00 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 0

Mike Wang was producer for EA Live '10 and then he worked on 2K11 and 2K12 and now 2K13 So he came up with the ideas.. That were probably his

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »