Home

Codemasters Reveals F1 2012 Champions Mode with Video, Screenshots and Box Art

This is a discussion on Codemasters Reveals F1 2012 Champions Mode with Video, Screenshots and Box Art within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2012, 02:00 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Codemasters Reveals F1 2012 Champions Mode with Video, Screenshots and Box Art

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Check out all the new F1 2012 screenshots, right here.

F1 2012 previews around the web:
CODEMASTERS® ANNOUNCES CHAMPIONS MODE FOR F1 2012™

New Gameplay Video Reveals New Game Mode That Lets You Take on Six FORMULA ONE™ WORLD CHAMPIONS

Codemasters announced a brand new game mode for F1 2012. “Champions Mode” will enable players to take on each of the six FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONS competing in the 2012 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™ in individual race scenarios designed for quick play and instant action. A gameplay video, featuring Champions Mode, is now available to view at: www.youtube.com/formula1game.

F1 2012’s Champions Mode will challenge players to take on each of the six champions in turn, starting with Kimi Räikkönen, followed by Lewis Hamilton, Jenson Button, Sebastian Vettel, Fernando Alonso and then Michael Schumacher. Each champion has his own race scenario where the player must beat that driver in order to unlock the next challenge.

The Kimi Räikkönen challenge sees the player join a race as Kimi’s teammate at Spa Francorchamps. The player has just pitted and is on new tires while the rest of the pack is on worn rubber with three laps to go until the end of the race. In order to complete the scenario the player has to race through the pack and overtake Kimi before the end of the race.

Champions Mode will be playable for the first time at Gamescom in Cologne, Germany from August 15 to 19 in the NamcoBandai booth in Hall 9, Booth C11.

F1 2012 will launch September 18. 2012 in North America for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION ®3 computer entertainment system and PC. F1 2012 will feature all of the official teams, drivers and circuits from the 2012 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, including the debut of the 2012 FORMULA 1 UNITED STATES GRAND PRIX at Austin, Texas and the return of Germany’s famous Hockenheim circuit to the calendar.

F1 2012 is in development at Codemasters Birmingham and is available for pre-order ahead of its September worldwide release. To get all the news straight from the studio, race over to www.facebook.com/formula1game or follow the team on twitter at www.twitter.com/formula1game.

Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2012, 10:11 PM   #2
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Codemasters Reveals F1 2012 Champions Mode with Video, Screenshots and Box Art

Looks awesome, pics and vid. Dont think I'd bother much with the champions mode, but I've bought the last two titles, and was blown away. Im not the hugest F1 fan, but this game visually looks incredible, its realistic, and its fun as all hell to play IMO. It'll be a buy again for me this year.
Old 08-10-2012, 02:39 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: Codemasters Reveals F1 2012 Champions Mode with Video, Screenshots and Box Art

They should've picked a better quality video. Too many jaggies IMO.

That said, I can't wait to get it for the PC! Something different than NASCAR making left turns, lol...

This will be my first F1 title. Can't wait!
Old 08-10-2012, 03:32 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
They should've picked a better quality video. Too many jaggies IMO.

That said, I can't wait to get it for the PC! Something different than NASCAR making left turns, lol...

This will be my first F1 title. Can't wait!
F1 2011 is really good (I just got it about a month ago). It has it's problems, but it's a ton of fun (though I've mostly just played single-player). F1 2012 looks even better. I play on the PC, as well.
Old 08-12-2012, 06:13 PM   #5
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5
i am really excited about this. im not a huge f1 fan, i actually barely watch it, but i have bought 2010 and 11. There is no way im missing this one, not when they have Circuit of the Americas in there too. this all looks very good
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2012, 01:53 AM   #6
Rookie

gordogg24p's Arena

OVR: 2

Is...is that really the box art? Oh, Codemasters. You're regressing. You were onto something great with the 2010 and 2011 boxes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »