Home

NHL 13 Changes the Way Players Are Rated - Top 5 Forwards, Defensemen and Goalies

This is a discussion on NHL 13 Changes the Way Players Are Rated - Top 5 Forwards, Defensemen and Goalies within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2012, 05:39 PM   #17
Rookie

kingspore's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 13 Changes the Way Players Are Rated - Top 5 Forwards, Defensemen and Goalies

Can't believe Giroux isn't one of the top 5 rated forwards seeing as he is the coverboy...

I'd imagine he is at worst 8th.

Boston Red Sox | Chelsea FC
| Boston Bruins | New England Patriots | Boston Celtics
Old 08-14-2012, 05:42 PM   #18
Banned

Jattbreed's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NHL 13 Changes the Way Players Are Rated - Top 5 Forwards, Defensemen and Goalies

At least I can edit them, first guy to edit? Evgeni Malkin, no way is he less than Ovechkin.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:44 PM   #19
Rookie

brianski71's Arena

OVR: 0
Wow....these are pretty terrible. Does EA even watch the awards show to see which players were voted best at what they do? How is Malkin, the Hart winner only the 4th best forward? How can Karlsson win the Norris and not even crack the top 5 defensemen? Miller as the best goalie? LOL. These are beyond embarrassing...
Old 08-14-2012, 07:35 PM   #20
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianski71
Wow....these are pretty terrible. Does EA even watch the awards show to see which players were voted best at what they do? How is Malkin, the Hart winner only the 4th best forward? How can Karlsson win the Norris and not even crack the top 5 defensemen? Miller as the best goalie? LOL. These are beyond embarrassing...
Probably because award shows are completely ridiculous....
Old 08-14-2012, 07:57 PM   #21
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

I really couldn't care less about how the players are rated, I never really had a problem with that. The issue for me has always been how the teams are rated. There is not enough distinction between good and bad teams in previous NHL games. That's why the standings are often out of whack (the Islanders being a 1 or 2 seed and the Wings missing the playoffs for example).

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2012, 08:04 PM   #22
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

Plus, if you get far enough into GM modes, teams are always 100-99-90 or something ridiculous.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:19 PM   #23
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
I really couldn't care less about how the players are rated, I never really had a problem with that. The issue for me has always been how the teams are rated. There is not enough distinction between good and bad teams in previous NHL games. That's why the standings are often out of whack (the Islanders being a 1 or 2 seed and the Wings missing the playoffs for example).
good point. but we have to admit that player distinction as well as team differences should be in the game. in my previous BaGM (NHL 12), great teams such as Vancouver, Detroit, Washington missed the playoffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMilan1999
Plus, if you get far enough into GM modes, teams are always 100-99-90 or something ridiculous.
i did get into Year 4 (for straight 2 years did not sim any game) and find it freaking ridiculous that most teams are in the high 95 rating and some are in 100 either in offense or defense.

how realistic is that??? I HOPE EA WILL address these issues.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:29 PM   #24
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksss
i did get into Year 4 (for straight 2 years did not sim any game) and find it freaking ridiculous that most teams are in the high 95 rating and some are in 100 either in offense or defense.

how realistic is that??? I HOPE EA WILL address these issues.
When Columbus is 90-93-84 in my 5th year, something must be fixed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »