Home

NBA 2K13 Hands-On Preview From Gamescom (via DaWolf)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Hands-On Preview From Gamescom (via DaWolf) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2012, 03:42 PM   #9
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Re: NBA 2K13 Hands-On Preview From Gamescom (via DaWolf)

Below are all comments from DaWolf

Quote:
Bounce passing is great - just how you imagine it to be. The hop step was powerful to get into the zone but with the new collission system it was not easy to get a clean shot off under the rim. Cant say about zones, no options for that available in the emo. Btw demo is 5 min long, one quarter, heat vs thunder. Spin dunk - I dont know. the animation where the player pushed the ball in front on the fast break and the ball an hit someone leg is still in.

Quote:
How is the new dribbling system?

I dont like it. but thats beause I dont like the right sick to be the dribble stick. Hated it in Live as well. So it was easy to use Im sure you guys will like it.
Quote:
Have you noticed speed beeing a factor? How where fastbreaks? Wich teams did you get to play?

I have to say that I didnt see a lot of differences in that area. But have to admit it wasnt an issue for me personally in 12. The main thing on fast breaks is now you can drive to the lane and you wont get that stupid blocking animation. You can really force your way inside with lebron.
Quote:
I will add - there is a learning curve for it. There is an adjustment period for a few FULL games. Took me about 2 full games until I started to really understand it.

I guess so. Maybe I will get used to it. But to me i loved isomotion - i just felt more natural to me.
Quote:
Can you try to overdribble with a big man and see if you can lose the ball without being stripped. Can you make impede when the ballhandler dribbles with his back to the basket from beyond the 3pt line? Does the CPU fall for fake passes? Is the fake pass still there? TIA

Fake pass is still in there but I didnt know how to do it as the B Button is know the hopstep button. You will losse the ball much quicker this time with the dribbling especially with less sklilled players.
Quote:

I really didnt see a situation like that. But I would guess its gone because of the new momentum on defense. You cant just come to a stand and go full speed again. The defensive much more physics based. Speed I dont know. I tried to analyse it but on fast breaks there was never a big men involved from the opposing team.
Quote:
Have you seen some improvement in graphics??player models, textures... thanks in advance!

Yes I think they worked on the player models. They look a bit more realistic / slimmer now. Coaches look better as well.
Quote:
DaWolf did you see any off ball physics? How is the spacing?

Off Ball fouls are now more visible through animations. They collie more realistic now. Spacing is similar to 2K12 with the difference that you see double teams now and than. But still no major improvement in that area.
Quote:
Thanks for your answer, here's my last one: Where u able to see some user vs. CPU gameplay?if so, have u seen weird or dumb movements on the CPU side??THX!

It was just me vs CpU. I would say no. Just the typical 2K "going up for a jump shot 1 feet from the basket" with Durant and a man in his face.
Quote:
Did you see any cases of clipping or players morphing through one another? Or the ball going through a players arm/body?

no but I didnt get into replay so maybe there was something of that. Overall player interactions are much improved.
Quote:
DaWolf:

How was floor spacing?

Improved, worse, no different than prior versions?

I would say slightly improved but nothing like live 10.
Quote:
was the cpu big man still takes charges in the paint that will result being a blocking foul?

didnt see that
Quote:
Sorry..should've asked in previous post.

Did you see any additional player reactions like after a foul call? Arguing, celebrating with teammates, jawing at the refs.

OT- this reminded me of NBA2K4 I think when you would pick up like your 5th or 6th foul and your teammates would have to hold you back from going after the ref Good times.

Yes actually they added some new ones here and there. For example I had an An-One with Lebron and his team mate was messing with him afterwars to celecrate.
Quote:
Is jumpshooting simplistic like 2k12 or do we have 2k11 style where releases need to be learned?

Its pretty much the same as in 2K12. Which was still better than 11 to me. 2 K Sports di something to the jumpers after 2K8 and I think they still struggle to get that feeling back.
Follow me on Twitter
Old 08-15-2012, 03:42 PM   #10
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

Dream Team fans should be happy.

Don't know what to say. I remember 2K saying the game will feel really different than 2K12. But I guess one needs to play on his own to get the feel.

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 08-15-2012, 03:44 PM   #11
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
Well, if the only complaint you had was the right stick dribbling I'm very happy, because I really like the idea I always hated shooting with the stick and always used the face buttons to shoot. The right stick was virtually useless for me up until now of course. Very pumped!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2012, 03:45 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 6
. I saw one instance where LeBron took off and the defensive player was just pushed to the side by the animation.

So this means the power dunk animations is still in.. sad really.. great article wolf.. ALso sad to see about the jumpshot stuff that they still havent changed that.. Looks like this game in terms of gameplay is just a lil upgrade to 2k12...
Old 08-15-2012, 03:48 PM   #13
Old school

DaWolf's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by qnzballa5
. I saw one instance where LeBron took off and the defensive player was just pushed to the side by the animation.

So this means the power dunk animations is still in.. sad really.. great article wolf.. ALso sad to see about the jumpshot stuff that they still havent changed that.. Looks like this game in terms of gameplay is just a lil upgrade to 2k12...
I wouldnt say that. Its much improved in the areas that have been an issue with the fans from 2K12. The collission system and the defensive movement really take it to the next level.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:49 PM   #14
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

Nice avatar you got there. So no videos?

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 08-15-2012, 03:50 PM   #15
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

What about layups & post game Dawolf? Any thought on theses topics?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2012, 03:50 PM   #16
Old school

DaWolf's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
Whoa: Replays

DaWolf,
Does it looks like Double Dribble did where the dunker is in color and everything else is grayed out?

I do not like the sound of that.

Was it like that on every single replays or just intermittently?
I think it was not in all of the replays. Just dunks I think... but looked kind of sily to me. maybe it had to do with the nike+ cooperation? you can see in these type of replays how high he was jumping on the dunk.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »