Home

FIFA 13 Videos From Gamescom

This is a discussion on FIFA 13 Videos From Gamescom within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2012, 05:32 PM   #1
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50
FIFA 13 Videos From Gamescom

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / Wii U

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2012, 04:37 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Fifa 13 footage from Gamescom.

I cannot wait! Some good info in their, I especially like the lack of pace wjoring in FIFA 13 that was talked about. That sounds good.

The gameplay itself looks great, first touch, attacking A.I is all really noticeable.

Last edited by MattyEdgeworth; 08-16-2012 at 04:40 AM.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:48 AM   #3
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

I watched several videos from Gamescom and I wasn't all that impressed, but that's not unusual for me as I don't care for default settings and most of all, assisted controls. The game does look more active, which is good, and first touch looked good at times, but I can't get past how twitchy and ultra-responsive player movement is. I know some of it comes down to who is playing the game, but I wish they'd sacrifice some responsiveness for realism.

But in the end, these are over the shoulder videos of unfinished builds on default settings. Also, I was able to get FIFA12 to a point where I enjoyed over two years of career mode, so I'm fairly certain I'll be able to do so with 13.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:55 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 12

Gameplay is way too back-and-forth and quick. Watch a real football game and players slow down and pause, and even stop and look around before deciding their next move or pass. This is ping pong soccer: relentless up and down the pitch. Must be teams from the ADHD League.

Overall gameplay and animations look smoother, that's a plus for sure. My #1 interest is to see if they've removed the psychic CPU attackers who change direction the instant you touch the tackle button. Can't tell from those videos, but it looks like maybe it's been at least toned down.

EDIT: Check out the goal celebration at 4:07 of the second vid, wouldn't want the children walking in the room with that playing, holy cow.

Last edited by Yeats; 08-16-2012 at 09:07 AM.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:58 AM   #5
Rookie

NikeBlitz's Arena

OVR: 6

1:10 Exactly what i hate in FIFA. Overpowered lobbed pass and helpless defender. Annoying.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2012, 09:14 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikeBlitz
1:10 Exactly what i hate in FIFA. Overpowered lobbed pass and helpless defender. Annoying.
It's an issue for sure and has been for years, But you really need to know that can be eliminated completely on the PC. That's the AI momentum coding at work, which can be removed in the PC version. FIFA 12 is the first FIFA game I've played on the PC, and the first one in years I've enjoyed playing, all because that programming is now gone in my game.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:31 AM   #7
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeats
Gameplay is way too back-and-forth and quick. Watch a real football game and players slow down and pause, and even stop and look around before deciding their next move or pass. This is ping pong soccer: relentless up and down the pitch. Must be teams from the ADHD League.

Overall gameplay and animations look smoother, that's a plus for sure. My #1 interest is to see if they've removed the psychic CPU attackers who change direction the instant you touch the tackle button. Can't tell from those videos, but it looks like maybe it's been at least toned down.

EDIT: Check out the goal celebration at 4:07 of the second vid, wouldn't want the children walking in the room with that playing, holy cow.
That's the first thing I noticed, the insane pace. IMO the pace in 12 was a strongpoint. It looks way to easy to transition from offense to defense but like Q said, over-the-shoulder vids usually look pretty bad.

The bad is that due to the demo length, there is really no way to tell how the game will really be in terms of pace since you will be forced to attack at all costs.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:44 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeats

Yeah because it's two mates mucking about, just trying to get footage. If you've ever played online you'll know it gets frantic like that, against the AI it's always much different.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »