Home

Madden NFL 13 Video - New Orleans Saints vs. Atlanta Falcons (TSO)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Video - New Orleans Saints vs. Atlanta Falcons (TSO) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2012, 04:21 PM   #17
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Madden 13 Video Retail Saints Falcons(tradition sports)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
The difference between you guys is one of you is focusing on what IS there and the other on what ISN'T. I'm somewhere in the middle and understand both sides.
What are you talking about? If the presentation was stellar, there would be no question about it. If its not all there...which it isn't by a long shot...then that doesn't put M13's presentation in the upper echelon of sports presentation in video games.

We can only focus on what is there...or the lack of in M13's case.

the replays are still messy and there are enough people who are tired of the same issues again and again. It forces one to ask the question...."what did they really work on the entire dev cycle?"
Old 08-16-2012, 04:26 PM   #18
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmallwood
What are you talking about? If the presentation was stellar, there would be no question about it. If its not all there...which it isn't by a long shot...then that doesn't put M13's presentation in the upper echelon of sports presentation in video games.

We can only focus on what is there...or the lack of in M13's case.

the replays are still messy and there are enough people who are tired of the same issues again and again. It forces one to ask the question...."what did they really work on the entire dev cycle?"
What did they work on the entire dev cycle???????????? First of all, you haven't even played Madden 13 with all of the game modes and new features, Connected Careers alone probably took up a huge part of the dev cycle. I know the demo is all that we have to base our impressions off of right now, but this game is in no way the same as Madden 12. Did you even play Madden 12?

Madden 12 from Madden 11 was a pretty good jump, but Madden 13 from 12 is probably the biggest one year jump of any Madden ever made

Last edited by jpdavis82; 08-16-2012 at 04:30 PM.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:26 PM   #19
Rookie

KensaiKatai's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Why was the pre-game bad? He skipped through it, if you're saying there wasn't much to it.
Didn't know he skipped through it.

That aside, I watched a bit more after the warping.. the warping is still really bad.. it was apparent on the first run play. Warping really gets to me, the physics engine has helped 'somewhat' in that regard but I still stand by my previous assertion that it won't hit it's stride until 2015. And that's only if they are as hard on themselves as I'm being on them. The game is not as smooth as it should be yet.

To be fair, I don't think it's right to compare Madden to games like The Show due to the amount of movement involved with 22 players moving simultaneously etc. but I do abide by the philosophy that less is more and I wish Madden would provide a little less flash and a little more substance sometimes, it would benefit them greatly. The in-between/presentation stuff like hands floating in the air during the pregame huddle..the warping I mentioned earlier etc.. I feel like instead of trying to fit a lot of stuff in they should make sure the stuff they do have works flawlessly first. I'd rather not have the replay at ALL than to see stuff like that. It's like having too many tracks in a record.. you can't build great structures on weak foundations.. it could be a limitation of the engine, I'm not a video game programming expert, i'm just trying to remain objective. I also feel stuff like this is the main reason why exploits become so apparent... which has been one of my biggest gripes with Madden in recent years.. both from an AI and an online standpoint.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:28 PM   #20
Rookie

KensaiKatai's Arena

Quote:
Here's a video that shows the pre-game and doesn't skip through it

Thanks for this but I still stand by my previous point.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:33 PM   #21
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by KensaiKatai
Didn't know he skipped through it.

That aside, I watched a bit more after the warping.. the warping is still really bad.. it was apparent on the first run play. Warping really gets to me, the physics engine has helped 'somewhat' in that regard but I still stand by my previous assertion that it won't hit it's stride until 2015. And that's only if they are as hard on themselves as I'm being on them. The game is not as smooth as it should be yet.

To be fair, I don't think it's right to compare Madden to games like The Show due to the amount of movement involved with 22 players moving simultaneously etc. but I do abide by the philosophy that less is more and I wish Madden would provide a little less flash and a little more substance sometimes, it would benefit them greatly. The in-between/presentation stuff like hands floating in the air during the pregame huddle..the warping I mentioned earlier etc.. I feel like instead of trying to fit a lot of stuff in they should make sure the stuff they do have works flawlessly first. I'd rather not have the replay at ALL than to see stuff like that. It's like having too many tracks in a record.. you can't build great structures on weak foundations.. it could be a limitation of the engine, I'm not a video game programming expert, i'm just trying to remain objective. I also feel stuff like this is the main reason why exploits become so apparent... which has been one of my biggest gripes with Madden in recent years.. both from an AI and an online standpoint.
That video shows warping for the first time in any Madden 13 video I have seen and I have seen at least 100 videos of Madden 13 if not more. I have played 8 games of Madden 13 demo and there was no warping and I know the guys who have played the game this week said the warping was next to nonexistent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2012, 04:41 PM   #22
Rookie

KensaiKatai's Arena

Quote:
That video shows warping for the first time in any Madden 13 video I have seen and I have seen at least 100 videos of Madden 13 if not more. I have played 8 games of Madden 13 demo and there was no warping and I know the guys who have played the game this week said the warping was next to nonexistent.
I notice warping during the actual plays themselves. Some aren't as harsh in this regard as I am but it's there. I could pinpoint it if you want, but it's very apparent to me. I've noticed warping on almost every play I've seen especially when things get jumbled up at the line of scrimmage, or in other instances of collision at fast paces.. from the far view it's not as apparent.. and due to the amount of things going on it's hard to notice with the disconcerting eye. The replay just zoomed in so it made it very obvious.

There's a reason why the slow speed, although not as realistic as far as an actual game's tempo is concerned, allows the animations to operate in a more realistic manner. Like I said I'm no expert but it's either programming or system resource limitations.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:03 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 3

EVERY sports game nowadays has warping.....

Last edited by scoonie05; 08-16-2012 at 05:06 PM.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:07 PM   #24
Banned

MaddenSaints's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoonie05
EVERY sports game has warping soooo.....
This.

I just hope the warping does not mean that a CB can run straight through your WR to pick you off. That frustrates the hell out of me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »