Home

NBA 2K13's Keys to Victory

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13's Keys to Victory within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2012, 04:14 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Good Article.. Online has to be on point. I already expect great gameplay n their offline experience is always on point so im not worried about that. I am worried about their Online Product tho. Hopefully this year they step it up tremendously.
Old 08-17-2012, 04:16 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 7
I agree with mostly everything ESPECIALLY the online problems, those definitely need to be addressed. One thing i disagree with is the ball physics. They only really seem to take affect when you press the sprint button and it goes off the back of a teammates foot, other than that it still feels magnetic to the players hand, which isnt a terrible thing..
Old 08-17-2012, 04:28 PM   #11
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NBA 2K13's Keys to Victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabri3l3
I can't lie I don't agree with the issues reported in the article:

SPACING (The court is too jammed)
PASSING (Floaty passes + exagerrated momentum)

these are most glaring weaknesses for me
Is the court too small in nba 2K games? Sometimes it looks that way.

Also fatigue. It should be a big part of NBA games. I'am watching 2002 playoffs game 3 between LA and Spurs and man thoses guys are dead tired in the 4th. Everything on the court is affected by fatigue. I wish the way players move, or execute moves/jumper would translate fatigue. That would be an amazing addition.

Last edited by Vni; 08-17-2012 at 04:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2012, 04:32 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyboii2008
I agree with mostly everything ESPECIALLY the online problems, those definitely need to be addressed. One thing i disagree with is the ball physics. They only really seem to take affect when you press the sprint button and it goes off the back of a teammates foot, other than that it still feels magnetic to the players hand, which isnt a terrible thing..
I have a feeling that the ball physics thing is probably one of, if not the hardest thing to design becuase there are so many factors in play. Hand location, velocity of the ball bouncing, the direction you are traveling, how fast you are traveling...THEN you have the dribble moves themselves....has to be a technical nightmare.

I do hope that it becomes a reality at some point though, I can only imagine how well a game like that could play with a truely 100% tangible ball.
Old 08-17-2012, 04:33 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 11

The spacing in 2K12 is definitely off, I hope they improve it for 2K13 and not put a lag on players (like you experience online) that they can't block you in time for example.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:19 PM   #14
Rookie

I'm glad these issues have been brought up, really hope 2k fixes these issues before release.
Another thing is keeping the game close intentionally to simulate a realistic box score. That makes the game feel scripted/forced.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:28 PM   #15
Banned

There is def alot of spacing problems for 2k12 and even lag issues for offline games. They should be addressed here tho so thats good news..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2012, 05:38 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1
Great article. I agree with pretty much everything, especially bringing back combines and training camp in MP and your points about player movement.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »