Home

NBA 2K13 Hands-On Preview From 2K Sports Team Up (vannwolfhawk)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Hands-On Preview From 2K Sports Team Up (vannwolfhawk) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2012, 04:55 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 7
Nice read! about the up and under move, did you try doing it with guys like perkins or joel anthony? That was the most horrible thing ever in 2k12 for me. More than the success rate, the ability of scrubs to pull this move effectively

I even remember people scoring 20 points with Jeff Foster by doing this
Old 08-17-2012, 04:56 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 0
Nice read, its still gonna take some cool stuff to get me to buy 2k13
Old 08-17-2012, 04:56 PM   #11
Rookie

shayellis's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K13 Hands-On Preview From 2K Sports Team Up (vannwolfhawk)

Thanks man, How do you feel about the rebounding?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2012, 05:01 PM   #12
Plata o Plomo

iLLosophy's Arena

OVR: 26
Vannwolfhawk glad to see you represent the sim nation at 2k! Hope they bring you back next year.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:01 PM   #13
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

To be honest I didn't even focus or notice the rebounding. But thats a good thing isn't it? I don't remember any putbacks or at least when I was playing I don't and I don't remember giving up any offensive boards either.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:07 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0
I actually thought of the same thing for touch and lob passes but don't really like hop step as a button
i felt 2k12 had the most intuitive step through euro step floater controls yet
Old 08-17-2012, 05:15 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
To be honest I didn't even focus or notice the rebounding. But thats a good thing isn't it? I don't remember any putbacks or at least when I was playing I don't and I don't remember giving up any offensive boards either.
Ive actually noticed that not many reviews have mentioned rebounding, which could be very good or bad if it is like 2k12 (at least for me). Glad to see that there werent put backs every other possesion
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2012, 05:20 PM   #16
Plata o Plomo

iLLosophy's Arena

Just one thing I wanted to address

Quote:
It has always bugged me when the post entry pass is made and I go to double team the post with my guard and I swipe at the ball 10+ times without even touching it. I loved how this was in the early years and I believe it was 2k1 with “the glove”. That being said it was mixed because I did go down and swipe with LBJ once and knocked the ball out. Other times I would still swipe away (testing purposesJ) to no avail. I think the post player shouldn’t have all day to make a post move. If the double comes they should pass out and swing the ball to the open man and make the defense pay for doubling down on them, but at the same time I don’t think the offense should receive such an advantage in the post to have all day to make a move and back guys down. In real life, post players need to make decisions quickly so I would like to see that better implemented.
This is fine if you are playing single player, but in a User vs User game your suggestion would be problematic. In this scenario, the double teamer's biggest weakness is he's turning his back to the man he's supposed to be guarding. In real life, that guy would be free to get open without his defender knowning. That doesn't hold when playing user vs user because both players can see the entire court. This is one of those cases where "don't play video games, play basketball" philosophy doesn't hold. So there needs to be some leeway for post players when playing against other humans. This is even more problematic if the offense player who's not being guarded is just standing in one place (from your read and shady's, it sounds like this might've been addressed).

Last edited by iLLosophy; 08-17-2012 at 05:23 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »