Home

NBA 2K13 Video - Shot Blocking, Passing, Rebounding, & Speed (Chris Smoove)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Video - Shot Blocking, Passing, Rebounding, & Speed (Chris Smoove) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2012, 03:08 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Dude could you please post there your sliders used in your gameplay? I can't get one good to play at HoF level.
I appreciate.
Old 08-19-2012, 03:53 AM   #10
MVP

Colts18's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K13 Video - Shot Blocking, Passing, Rebounding, & Speed (Chris Smoove)

He mentioned that they altered stamina. Westbrook was tired after 2 mins of running around like a mad man. I bet that gets dumbed down after the first patch once people complain about it.
Old 08-19-2012, 09:27 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 6
The only thing that slightly concerns me is the fact that he said rebounding seemed to be the same. I hope it allows you to rebound as a big man if you are in proper position or have better timing. I felt useless as a big last year and I honestly felt overpowered in 2k11. If they hit that happy, wonderful medium, I will enjoy this game a lot!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2012, 10:16 AM   #12
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14

the "automatic movement" that he talked about where his defender reacted without controller input is troubling...they added some of those auto animations in 2k12 and they were infuriating when they happened.

Last edited by blues rocker; 08-19-2012 at 10:29 AM.
Old 08-19-2012, 10:20 AM   #13
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts18
He mentioned that they altered stamina. Westbrook was tired after 2 mins of running around like a mad man. I bet that gets dumbed down after the first patch once people complain about it.
Fatigue is in every sports game. 2K is meant to be SIM, so there should be no question fatigue should be in the game at any diffculties level.

In fifa it's even relative to the period lenght. If you play one halftime you're players are gona be tired the same wether it was a 5 or a 10 or a 20 minutes period. Should be like that in 2K too, I don't know why they don't do it.
Old 08-19-2012, 10:24 AM   #14
MVP

Colts18's Arena

OVR: 2

Heyt, I know it should be realistic but whether or not people will feel it is overdone is a different story. I am willing to wager any amount of money that the cheesers complain about it and it will be patched
Old 08-19-2012, 10:30 AM   #15
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts18
Heyt, I know it should be realistic but whether or not people will feel it is overdone is a different story. I am willing to wager any amount of money that the cheesers complain about it and it will be patched
Yeah. You can still turn off fatigue offline, and probably 2K should make arcadey servers so cheesers can enjoy a less complicated game online.

It's kind of annoying that when you play in sim leagues your players don't ever get tired and you still have tu sub them for realism sake. I want true sim servers settings.

I think it's time 2K make a choice of either making a sim game or making an arcadey game. Or offer the two different experiences online by making SIM and DEFAULT sliders revelant.

Last edited by Vni; 08-19-2012 at 10:36 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2012, 10:55 AM   #16
MVP

UnbelievablyRAW's Arena

OVR: 5

Really hope the sliding animation when you go the wrong way on d isn't triggered out of the defenders control. It should only happen if you're pressing R2+ L2 while pressing D and you shift the wrong way.

Also, for the dribbling moves, I hope 2k recognizes that the NBA isn't street ball. No one "crosses" defenders just to get by them using intricate moves (only Chris Paul, Deron and Jamal do this occasionally). Most of it is a quick side to side crossover move or an in and out (think Dwyane Wade when he fakes going through a screen)

We shouldn't need to cross a player over using street ball moves just to get by them. I hope that if you try to hard to pull off fancy stuff that you lose the ball 50% of the time because in real life people are t getting dropped every offensive possession

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »