Home

NBA 2K13 Video - Shot Blocking, Passing, Rebounding, & Speed (Chris Smoove)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Video - Shot Blocking, Passing, Rebounding, & Speed (Chris Smoove) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2012, 11:15 AM   #17
Plata o Plomo

iLLosophy's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: NBA 2K13 Video - Shot Blocking, Passing, Rebounding, & Speed (Chris Smoove)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrick012
Just an FYI the gameplay in the vid is from 2K12 w/ updated rosters, not 2K13. Impressions are of 2K13.
Chris Smoove plays on PC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
the "automatic movement" that he talked about where his defender reacted without controller input is troubling...they added some of those auto animations in 2k12 and they were infuriating when they happened.
For me they only happen when you turn up Defensive Assist. I assume it's a counterbalance measure to keep Defensive Assistance from being too powerful. I don't ever remember having that issue when I have Defensive Assistance at 0. If fact, when I play against other players, I use that as a tell to see if the opponent is playing on ball defense.

Last edited by iLLosophy; 08-19-2012 at 11:20 AM.
Old 08-19-2012, 11:28 AM   #18
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Quote:
the "automatic movement" that he talked about where his defender reacted without controller input is troubling...they added some of those auto animations in 2k12 and they were infuriating when they happened.
I don't remember these at all in 2k12 when it came to dribbling...now in 2k10, you could do a size up and it would automatically suck the defense into an animation....but I havent seen that since...

Great to know "shot clock cheese" was a point of discussion...also that blocking is back!!
Old 08-19-2012, 11:44 AM   #19
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I don't remember these at all in 2k12 when it came to dribbling...now in 2k10, you could do a size up and it would automatically suck the defense into an animation....but I havent seen that since...
it didn't happen so much on offense, it was more noticeable when controlling defenders.

in 2k12 when guarding the ball handler, the game would often make your player automatically react to pump fakes where he would automatically put his hand up and shift his feet to the side, even if you didn't do anything on the controller...it was very frustrating. or your player would automatically reach for a steal when close to the ball handler, even if you didn't press the steal button...that crap made me so mad.

Last edited by blues rocker; 08-19-2012 at 11:47 AM.
Old 08-19-2012, 11:46 AM   #20
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLosophy

For me they only happen when you turn up Defensive Assist. I assume it's a counterbalance measure to keep Defensive Assistance from being too powerful. I don't ever remember having that issue when I have Defensive Assistance at 0. If fact, when I play against other players, I use that as a tell to see if the opponent is playing on ball defense.
i always just used to default settings...i never messed with the defensive assistance level...what was the default level for it?
Old 08-19-2012, 11:46 AM   #21
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
it didn't happen so much on offense, it was more noticeable when controlling defenders.

in 2k12 when guarding the ball handler, the game would often make your player automatically react to pump fakes where he would automatically put his hand up and shift his feet to the side, even if you didn't do anything on the controller...it was very frustrating.
You have the defensive assist on blues rocker. Go check in option > pad configuation. If it's at 0 your player NEVER reacts to pump fake on its own.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2012, 11:46 AM   #22
Pro

OVR: 10

I'm so glad to hear about no more icon pass delays.
Old 08-19-2012, 11:48 AM   #23
Banned

AirTeezy's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:

in 2k12 when guarding the ball handler, the game would often make your player automatically react to pump fakes where he would automatically put his hand up and shift his feet to the side, even if you didn't do anything on the controller...it was very frustrating.
And letting players dunk on you chestnuts style even if you pressed Y was the most infuriating
Old 08-19-2012, 12:43 PM   #24
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:

in 2k12 when guarding the ball handler, the game would often make your player automatically react to pump fakes where he would automatically put his hand up and shift his feet to the side, even if you didn't do anything on the controller...it was very frustrating. or your player would automatically reach for a steal when close to the ball handler, even if you didn't press the steal button...that crap made me so mad.
I argued til blue in the face this year to have all auto stuff taken out as far as flinch reactions. I hope that made it. My argument was that If i have defensive assist turned off my guy shouldn't move unless I move him.

I also had that augustine thing happen to me once in awhile when not moving. I told them that would be a sore point with gamers don't know if they had time to take it out. With it still being in that demo build I fear it may still be in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »