Home

NBA 2K13 Impressions Part 2 - A.I. Behavior, New Sliders & Pick N Roll (Chris Smoove)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Impressions Part 2 - A.I. Behavior, New Sliders & Pick N Roll (Chris Smoove) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2012, 12:16 PM   #17
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: NBA 2K13 Impressions Part 2 - A.I. Behavior, New Sliders & Pick N Roll (Chris Smo

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevaliantx
"three new sliders". LOL. Let's be serious. The sliders they already have don't work like they should. All you need to do is go to the sliders forum in 2K to see some dedicated guys there ADMITTING that this slider doesn't work right, or that there is confusion as to what that slider is supposed to do. The biggest issue that isn't being addressed (probably for good reason) is the AI's ability to run plays. I don't think the guy who did this video even talked about it. He did say that the AI doesn't wait until the last second to throw up a shot like last year's version, but he wasn't correct in his statement. The issue with last year's (and every year before that, and probably this year, too) was that the AI DOESN'T RUN PLAYS, so all you have to do is constantly switch your defender to the AI player with the ball, and there won't be a shot attempt (until the last second). It wasn't that the AI was "trying" to shoot the ball at the last second, it was that it couldn't "find" a shot (because it doesn't run plays to create a shot) until the last second when it threw up a prayer. That's not realistic. In real life, offense doesn't work like that. You run plays to SET UP a shot. You don't just stand there and pass it around the perimeter (or even a little in and out) to play keep away. In watching this video I also notice that the animation of a player posting up isn't very good. It's like the player pivots on a dime, from facing his basket to facing the opposite one. What is up with the excitement over the ability to "follow your own shot"? Following your own shot is just something you try (if you're not lazy or completely out of shape) in real life in basketball. Getting hyped over such a "feature"is silly. It is like saying "now you have the ability to just run the other way up the court instead of fighting for the rebound." In other words, why a basketball game NOT allow someone to follow their own shot?
There are 2 big things as I have stated before that will eliminate these issues this year.

1- the CPU now has an option b,c,d, and e if option a is not open or available. That was lacking last year except for the few option plays that we're within the game.

2- AI now has ability to read how it is being played on and off ball meaning if you are taking away something they will take what you are giving them.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:30 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K13 Impressions Part 2 - A.I. Behavior, New Sliders & Pick N Roll (Chris Smo

Good video. I am kind of shocked that the devs don't think shot clock cheese exists though lol. But with that said, I still have a few questions about A.I. as it relates to running plays:

• When running plays that require an off ball screen to be set do big men still stand there in the "set screen stance" if the guy he was supposed to be screening is already past him?

• Also with screening, sometimes guys won't set screens in the right place when running plays that require an off ball screen to be set (A prime example of this is SAS Triple Curl; The initial screen never connects because the screener sets the screen where the guy is standing when the play initiates rather than where the play calls for the screen to be set).

And new sliders are cool. I just hope we get sliders in My Player.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:38 PM   #19
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmiree16
Good video. I am kind of shocked that the devs don't think shot clock cheese exists though lol. But with that said, I still have a few questions about A.I. as it relates to running plays:

• When running plays that require an off ball screen to be set do big men still stand there in the "set screen stance" if the guy he was supposed to be screening is already past him?

• Also with screening, sometimes guys won't set screens in the right place when running plays that require an off ball screen to be set (A prime example of this is SAS Triple Curl; The initial screen never connects because the screener sets the screen where the guy is standing when the play initiates rather than where the play calls for the screen to be set).

And new sliders are cool. I just hope we get sliders in My Player.
Great questions! Pet peaves of mine as well from 12!
Old 08-21-2012, 12:46 PM   #20
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

vanwolfhawk....

Did you guys only play 360 builds of 2k13 ??

Any ps3 ?
Old 08-21-2012, 01:13 PM   #21
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
vanwolfhawk....

Did you guys only play 360 builds of 2k13 ??

Any ps3 ?
Yes just the 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2012, 04:03 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
"Kevin Garnett is going to have the illegal screen ability"
that was just a joke lol
Old 08-21-2012, 04:22 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 4

Sounds lovely!!!! Good commentary
Old 08-22-2012, 05:51 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 33

Having no balls bounced off of feets at all isnt realistic, a tune of the frecuency (reduce) would have sufficed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »