Home

NBA 2K13 Screenshots Taken From Developer Insight #2

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Screenshots Taken From Developer Insight #2 within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2012, 05:44 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 22
Re: NBA 2K13 Screenshots Taken From Developer Insight #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shumpert21
its obvious Hibbert isn't standing completly up.. damn lol. you can tell he stands up and easily towers over garnett. people are just nitpicking because there isn't much to analyze.
Even if Hibbert was bending down in real life, he'd be taller than he is in the 2k screenshot.
Old 08-21-2012, 05:52 PM   #10
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGKing
Even if Hibbert was bending down in real life, he'd be taller than he is in the 2k screenshot.
Definately. Hibbert is massive and taller than Garnett. I can't recognise him at all on this screen.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter since we don't know from wich build the footage was taken and I'am sure that if Hibbert was the size of Rondo in nba 2K13 someone at 2K would probably notice it.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:00 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 11

Agreed, that dude doesn't even look like KD.

Jeremy Lin got SMASHED though on that dunk. Booyah.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2012, 06:07 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 1

Paul looks better but his face looks too angular and his eyebrows look strangely trimmed-- maybe because of the way the fronts of faces are weirdly lightened in the 2K12-2K13 texture maps.

There's a weird geometry glitch in Durant's armpit/pectoral area that shows up when arms are raised. It's been there since 2K12. I would have expected that to be fixed this year. It looks like they barely did any work on refining/fixing bugs on the character model.

I also miss the NBA 2K11 skin shaders so much. It looks better both with and without sweat. I don't know why they ever changed it or decided to reimplement it from scratch. 2K12-13 seems to render players with a mild layer of sweat wax at all times, without either the subtle reflections of dry skin or the realistic gleam of wet skin:

Non-Sweaty:

Sweaty:

2K12-13 weird waxy-sweat job:

They also "relit" the texture maps for 2K12 to give eyes more definition so that you can better read player expressions, but the end result is a more cartoony look where everyone looks like they're wearing stage makeup eye shadow. You can see how realistic 2K11 looks (with the faces are done right).

Last edited by Sundown; 08-21-2012 at 06:12 PM.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:13 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 22

I'm sure the devs said that Sweat is back in the game in 2k13 though, so who knows
Old 08-21-2012, 06:16 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGKing
I'm sure the devs said that Sweat is back in the game in 2k13 though, so who knows
I know one of the Team-Up guys said it was-- I hope he didn't mishear because we've yet to see a sweaty screenshot and usually those look the most dramatic. I'm curious how it looks and how it works with the already-slightly-sweaty player models we start games with.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:19 PM   #15
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by NealN42
Ya Durant and CP3 were the only guys that looked like they had been touched in any way in the video. Everyone else looked identical, including guys like Melo who just looked awful with all of those terribly off colors and Hibbert who is supposed to be 7'2 looking like he's 6'5 in the video.
They did some work on Kevin Love also...........
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2012, 06:25 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by infam0us
Really need to tweak the blue and orange of the Knicks. It's been off for quite some time.
The list can go on from there regarding 2k12. How about the sky blue/red Wizards away jersey, pink Raptors home shorts, and teal Pistons away jerseys. I found it jaw dropping they never fixed those. I really hope they get it right this year. Little things like that annoyed the crap out of me. I am glad I get this game for the PC just in case the colors are off this year again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »