Home

Women's Olympic Ice Hockey Stars and New NHL Legends Join Roster for EA Sports NHL 13

This is a discussion on Women's Olympic Ice Hockey Stars and New NHL Legends Join Roster for EA Sports NHL 13 within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2012, 01:57 PM   #9
Rookie

cyborgdholliday's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Women's Olympic Ice Hockey Stars and New NHL Legends Join Roster for EA Sports NH

Or you could do what I did, and put them on their teams in Be-A-GM.

Yzerman/Howe/Chelios/Hasek on Detroit
Gretzky/Kurri on Edm/LA
Mario on Pitt
Roy on Mtl/Col
Salming/Gilmour on Toronto
Roenick on PHX/PHI/Chi
Chelios on Chi/Det/MTL
Bourque on Bos/Col
Old 08-29-2012, 02:08 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: Women's Olympic Ice Hockey Stars and New NHL Legends Join Roster for EA Sports NH

My only complaint is, if they put this much effort into their Create-a-team logo's and arenas, I'd be happy.

Women legends? Umm, yippee?
Old 08-29-2012, 03:10 PM   #11
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyborgdholliday
Or you could do what I did, and put them on their teams in Be-A-GM.

Yzerman/Howe/Chelios/Hasek on Detroit
Gretzky/Kurri on Edm/LA
Mario on Pitt
Roy on Mtl/Col
Salming/Gilmour on Toronto
Roenick on PHX/PHI/Chi
Chelios on Chi/Det/MTL
Bourque on Bos/Col
I've been tempted to put Gretzky back with the Oil in my GM modes. I've always been interested to see how well an AI controlled Gretzky would do.

But anyway...I think it's pretty cool the women of this great sport are getting at least some of their due.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2012, 03:33 PM   #12
Rookie

B5KoshYou's Arena

OVR: 2
Icon9 Re: Women's Olympic Ice Hockey Stars and New NHL Legends Join Roster for EA Sports NH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

“With the release of NHL 12 we added generic female characters in our Be a Pro mode based on a request from a 14-yr old female fan who emailed our staff because she felt underrepresented as a hockey videogame fan,” said Dean Richards, General Manager, NHL, EA SPORTS. “This year we are very excited to continue our effort of creating a more representative experience for female hockey fans by adding two of the greatest female athletes to ever play the game in Wickenheiser and Ruggiero to NHL 13.”
Someone needs to kick Dean Richards and the EA marketing department right in the nads. This press release makes it sound like EA Sports is so out of touch that it took a 14 year old to wake them up to the fact that there are female hockey players and videogame fans. People were suggesting/complaining about this before women's hockey became an Olympic sport!

Sticking women's players on men's teams isn't good enough. Put women's teams in the game. Club-college-International. They don't have to be licensed players, just put in Creation Centre like FIFA's and let people make their own.

If you are going to do it, do it right. Do female motion capture, real female teams and tournaments. Current and classic.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:35 PM   #13
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezell04x
Meh, I never play legends modes. Does anyone actually play them?
me niether

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-
Old 08-29-2012, 03:36 PM   #14
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by B5KoshYou
Someone needs to kick Dean Richards and the EA marketing department right in the nads. This press release makes it sound like EA Sports is so out of touch that it took a 14 year old to wake them up to the fact that there are female hockey players and videogame fans. People were suggesting/complaining about this before women's hockey became an Olympic sport!

Sticking women's players on men's teams isn't good enough. Put women's teams in the game. Club-college-International. They don't have to be licensed players, just put in Creation Centre like FIFA's and let people make their own.

If you are going to do it, do it right. Do female motion capture, real female teams and tournaments. Current and classic.
The problem with this idea is NHL has limited resources and time. To impliment all of this they would have to cut back on gameplay changes to what we currently have. I think the only way to get this in would be wait until next gen.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 08-29-2012, 04:21 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by B5KoshYou
Or do it the EA way and just stick female heads on male bodies like that screenshot shows.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2012, 05:13 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 5
first thing im doing when this game drops on Season Pass is playing a game with the chicks hockey team

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »