Home

GRID 2 Announced with Trailer, Screenshots and Previews From Around the Web

This is a discussion on GRID 2 Announced with Trailer, Screenshots and Previews From Around the Web within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2012, 11:18 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: GRID 2 Announced with Trailer, Screenshots and Previews From Around the Web

I probably used the cockpit camera about 5% of the time myself, but I was fun when it was there it did ramp up the difficulty. Sorry to see it go.

But I'm wondering what direction CM will take the game, are they keeping the racing team aspect. I really enjoyed that, it was a totally different dynamic than just buying and collecting cars and racing them, when buying a car, I felt like I was purchasing the proper machine for the race.

I also like the game play, it's pretty good for a casual fan like me.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:31 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms493
Hood cam is just fine. They said 5%of the people used cockpit view. Not worth the time effort for 5% of game sales.
I just read the article and I absolutely cannot believe that 5% is an accurate number. If the 5% number was taken from online gaming data, perhaps that wouldn't be entirely accurate. For when I played Dirt 3, I nearly always used the in-car camera when I played off-line. However, in the few instances I played online, things seemed to become a little too crazy and unpredictable for me to remain in that view. Everyone seems to be able to race super fast online and the in-car seemed to handicap me a little bit in that regard, which is part of the reason I didn't particularly enjoy playing online.

I definitely question those statistics. 100 Grid gamers could be interviewed and among them, only five would insist they use in-car view? That'd be incredible to me.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:37 PM   #19
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I just read the article and I absolutely cannot believe that 5% is an accurate number. If the 5% number was taken from online gaming data, perhaps that wouldn't be entirely accurate. For when I played Dirt 3, I nearly always used the in-car camera when I played off-line. However, in the few instances I played online, things seemed to become a little too crazy and unpredictable for me to remain in that view. Everyone seems to be able to race super fast online and the in-car seemed to handicap me a little bit in that regard, which is part of the reason I didn't particularly enjoy playing online.

I definitely question those statistics. 100 Grid gamers could be interviewed and among them, only five would insist they use in-car view? That'd be incredible to me.
Yeah. Ever since Project Gotham 3 I've been hooked on a good cockpit camera in my driving games. It's become a requirement for my car driving games.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:44 PM   #20
All Star

DickDalewood's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
Yeah. Ever since Project Gotham 3 I've been hooked on a good cockpit camera in my driving games. It's become a requirement for my car driving games.
Agree with you both... I just find that 5% stat extremely hard to believe. Every time I see someone playing Forza they're using cockpit view.

Last edited by DickDalewood; 09-06-2012 at 11:58 PM.
Old 09-06-2012, 05:01 AM   #21
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5

This 5% thing sounds like the 95% pc piracy statement of Ubisoft a week ago.Poor responses by these companies.Seems like this triangle (EA,Ubisoft,Codemasters) think that their customers are dumb.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »