Home

FIFA 13 Video - Arsenal vs. Borussia Dortmund (Full Match)

This is a discussion on FIFA 13 Video - Arsenal vs. Borussia Dortmund (Full Match) within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2012, 10:43 AM   #1
Pro

Panicshade's Arena

OVR: 9
FIFA 13 Video - Arsenal vs. Borussia Dortmund (Full Match)

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

The match starts roughly a minute into the video and ends, just after the 11 minute mark.
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2012, 11:49 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 13 Video - Arsenal vs Borussia Dortmund (Full Match)

It's hard to know what to make of this because it's online which has always been good, it looks like the heavier touches are quite noticeable but that's it really. I really wanna see gameplay against the A.I or even better play it myself.

Old 08-30-2012, 12:02 PM   #3
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: FIFA 13 Video - Arsenal vs. Borussia Dortmund (Full Match)

the cpu runs do look alot better and its nice to see fouls
Old 08-30-2012, 12:04 PM   #4
Pro

Panicshade's Arena

OVR: 9

The FIFA 13 demo comes out on September 11th if I remember correctly so it's not that long until we can test things out ourselves
Old 08-30-2012, 12:18 PM   #5
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Well that was such a killjoy for me.

It does what FIFA does best...a fun experience.

But there was absolutely no strategy involved whatsoever. I understand 2 human players. I would have to see some CPU to get a better feel.

I still want to buy this game because I haven't bought a FIFA game in a couple of years. But this video didn't wow me at all.

Almost like if you played FIFA once...you played them all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2012, 12:36 PM   #6
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

how much fifa did you actually play? with the new touches, fouls, and better ai runs. scoring will be open more. defenders actually take a stab at the ball when it passes by them which is something they rarely did before. i would have liked to see the speed toned down.

dont go by what this video shows, the two players are not very good or even trying to play strategically. its nice to see that they are improving each year, lets just hope they didnt break anything.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:42 PM   #7
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7

There are a few major positives to this video for me:

1. The heavy touches are very noticeable. Rather than some rare one-off experience, it seemed that any ball hit with pace was more difficult to trap.

2. Change of possession. Instead of one team being able to hold the ball for five minute stretches at a time, there was plenty of errant passing or, better yet, competent defending, that led to possession swaps.

I also noticed that defenders were having a tough time clearing the ball if it was bouncing around near the goal. In previous incarnations of FIFA, the ball just magnetically sticks right to their feet.

3. Fouls! Of course, EA could have been teasing us with this, but to see two fouls in the first 3 minutes of the match and just outside the box was very hopeful.

Couple other notes:

The half volley from the over the top through ball @ 7:13 was lovely.

I'm going to assume this was running at default speeds aka. WAY too fast. I personally think the slowest gameplay setting is not slow enough in 2012.

So, on this evidence, it looks like it may be better as a simulation than 2012, thanks to the changes to trapping / first touch if nothing else.

It also looks like it will still maintain the FIFA "fun factor".

There is still little or NO evidence to suggest it will be a better Career Mode game. I've seen nothing official re: Youth Academy or player progression / development changes.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:50 PM   #8
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeamg0dly
how much fifa did you actually play? with the new touches, fouls, and better ai runs. scoring will be open more. defenders actually take a stab at the ball when it passes by them which is something they rarely did before. i would have liked to see the speed toned down.

dont go by what this video shows, the two players are not very good or even trying to play strategically. its nice to see that they are improving each year, lets just hope they didnt break anything.
I'm keeping the video in perspective. Just going to have to wait for a CPU video though. What I saw makes it hard for me to gauge certain things as the majority of my time with the game will be offline.

And yes..as long as they don't regress..I'm good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »