Home

NBA Live 13 a $20 Digital Release This October?

This is a discussion on NBA Live 13 a $20 Digital Release This October? within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2012, 07:53 PM   #17
Basketball Reasons

Drewski's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NBA Live 13 A $20 Digital Release this October?

There's going to be people divided on this - but it makes the most business sense to me for EA to do this. They will sell more copies of this as a $20 "arcade" game than they would for $60 retail, plus they won't have to spend money on distribution and materials.

However, as a "gamer", I won't touch this with a stick. The fact that this is going to be a $20 arcade game is just proof positive they know they didn't put a full fledged product on the shelf. A shame, three years and this is all that comes out on the other end? Man.

Moving on.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:56 PM   #18
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22cedric

It looks like NBA Live 13 is coming out as a digital release after all and not a full on $60 AAA title if the report from IRB Gamer today is to be believed. This seems a pretty big admission that Live simply isn't ready for prime-time obviously, which also obviously seems to be the case. What a mess.

IRB Gamer has the scoop:

What do you guys think? Smart decision by EA? Does this mean Live isn't up to par quality wise?

Sound off!
Old 08-30-2012, 07:57 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 6
I have similar feelings as Drewski. It makes sense for EA to do this because at least fans will be a little lenient about its issues rather than enraged since the cost is much lower. It is very concerning though that they cant release a full game after this long....its EA, one of the largest videogame companies around, they arent short on resources...

Im surprised that the NBA would allow this though....I though I read that both have to be the same price and release the same date? I could be wrong though
Old 08-30-2012, 07:57 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 9

LOL at some of these negative responses. I swear the internet is mostly negative people. Anyway, as I said in the other thread, I'm thrilled that I only have to pay $20 to play an NBA game this year, that's pretty sweet. I'm also excited about playing the game and giving EA as much feedback as I possibly can. I hope it sells well and next year we get the full AAA title.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:58 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0
Well after doing the NBA 2K dance for the last 5 years where they release a janky game, patch it and somehow make it worse, before sort of fixing it, I'm ready for something else.

I'm willing to give this a shot for $20 assuming it's not entirely broken. Worst case scenario I can always play 2K12 with a roster update.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2012, 08:00 PM   #22
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluent2332
LOL at some of these negative responses. I swear the internet is mostly negative people. Anyway, as I said in the other thread, I'm thrilled that I only have to pay $20 to play an NBA game this year, that's pretty sweet. I'm also excited about playing the game and giving EA as much feedback as I possibly can. I hope it sells well and next year we get the full AAA title.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:01 PM   #23
MVP

JBCAROLINAKID's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicey79
Sad thing is people will buy because it is $20.
Why pay anything for messy gameplay and very limited enjoyment.
Please people dont buy it...hurt them at their bottom line (although i dont want anyone to lose their jobs)

Maybe some people over there need to lose their job because they sure as h**l haven't been doing it for a while! Three years we've been waiting for this game, which by the way they hyped a while back like crazy, and ever since E3 and people who saw the game said it was complete garbage they have been MIA. I don't like people losing there job either but the people they have in charge apparently don't have a clue and somebody needs to be held accountable.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:01 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by addybojangles
How is this a bad idea?

They're not charging a full price. And if they're serious about garnering feedback from players, isn't this kind of neat that we could have a possiblility of getting a really awesome Live next year?
Why should we pay to give feedback though? **** a possibility of having a "really awesome" Live next year. EA had TWO YEARS of development time to put a game together. Two. There is no excuse for a downloadable title when you've had that much time. They've really dropped the ball this time. Give up the FIBA and ESPN licenses to 2K so that they can fully maximize its potential. Where's the accountability at EA? Someone has to take responsibility for this.
MLB: New York Mets
NBA: Los Angeles Lakers

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »