Home

Women's Olympic Ice Hockey Stars and New NHL Legends Join Roster for EA Sports NHL 13

This is a discussion on Women's Olympic Ice Hockey Stars and New NHL Legends Join Roster for EA Sports NHL 13 within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2012, 06:57 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
The one thing I worry about this is that EA NHL will get a bad taste in their mouths from the negative underwhelmed responses for doing anything with retro players. The reality is if they actually pumped some money in putting retro teams with retro equipment (even if the unlicensed players were generic faces done NCAA football style with only numbers (no names). I think it'd be a really cool feature if you could replay past seasons where all the results (that you weren't playing) were true to the past. Then you could just add all the real names using a roster share mode.
Old 08-29-2012, 07:33 PM   #18
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Women's Olympic Ice Hockey Stars and New NHL Legends Join Roster for EA Sports NH

I think EA's taken some liberties with the term, "legend."

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 08-29-2012, 09:21 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Women's Olympic Ice Hockey Stars and New NHL Legends Join Roster for EA Sports NH

I'm not going to play this "legends mode" or whatever, but Legends are important for HUT and I really wanted Neely and/or Orr. Pretty disappointed in Gilmour, Kurri, and Hasek. Lame.

I skipped on NHL 12 though, so I didn't get a chance to play with any of those guys. Hoping to snag a Bourque or Yzerman.
Old 08-30-2012, 03:19 AM   #20
Pro

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by meep3162
I'm not going to play this "legends mode" or whatever, but Legends are important for HUT and I really wanted Neely and/or Orr. Pretty disappointed in Gilmour, Kurri, and Hasek. Lame.

I skipped on NHL 12 though, so I didn't get a chance to play with any of those guys. Hoping to snag a Bourque or Yzerman.
Legends are used in HUT. Itīs sad to see EA **** up this year while NBA2K add friggin entire teams and even Pippen and Jordan. EA adds 5 legends and only 3 of them even played in the NHL? BS! Oh, WIcken is rated 81, so according to EA she is better than ELitserien players. What a joke, she played in the finnish 3rd league.

WHere are Hull, trottier,red,rocket,bossy, messier,neely etc etc? BS EA...
Old 08-30-2012, 12:59 PM   #21
Rookie

I'm gonna stick the females on the Islanders and post a video compilation of me hitting the absolute **** out of them with Chris Pronger over and over again
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2012, 12:15 AM   #22
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30
Hasek's been in the game for years under Pardubice's lineup in the Czech league. This reveal doesn't sound like anything special, though I love that he's in a (current) Sabres jersey in the teaser image.

Strangely enough, Dom met with Sabres management earlier this year for a possible return to the NHL as a backup goaltender to Ryan Miller. I don't think the Sabres will sign a contract with him unless it's a one-day deal to announce his official retirement from the sport of hockey.
Old 08-31-2012, 07:45 PM   #23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarryTheWeight
Hasek's been in the game for years under Pardubice's lineup in the Czech league. This reveal doesn't sound like anything special, though I love that he's in a (current) Sabres jersey in the teaser image.

Strangely enough, Dom met with Sabres management earlier this year for a possible return to the NHL as a backup goaltender to Ryan Miller. I don't think the Sabres will sign a contract with him unless it's a one-day deal to announce his official retirement from the sport of hockey.

I would take a 47 year old Hasek over that overpaid power tool Miller any day of the week. Look at the #'s for Miller, comparable to Kari Lehtonen and other midpack goalies. It is a fact. Between Miller and Ruff, and now residing in Texas and married to a lady who has strong ties to the Stars franchise, that is why I am glad to be away from this team. Who turns down Dominik Hasek for Miller/Enroth???? Sorry to vent but Jesus H. Buffalo. Pegula's motto should be "Starting today, the Buffalo Sabres reason for existance is to employ Lindy Ruff"

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »