Home

NBA 2K12 Video - The New Look Lakers (Shady00018)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Video - The New Look Lakers (Shady00018) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2012, 03:41 PM   #17
MVP

Caveman24's Arena

OVR: 25
great video
Old 09-01-2012, 04:26 PM   #18
Rookie

ekferio's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K12 Video - The New Look Lakers (Shady00018)

wish my computer is fast enough to run it =c Kobe looks odd with so much facial hair
Old 09-01-2012, 04:35 PM   #19
Pro

StankonYa's Arena

OVR: 10

Great video...nba 2k on pc rocks.
Old 09-01-2012, 04:57 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0
Sick just freakin SSSSSSick!!!! haha Yall stop Hatin!! cuz ya wastin ya Time!!! Sick Vid shady
Old 09-01-2012, 06:27 PM   #21
Rookie

TheBrooklynBaller's Arena

OVR: 5
Nice... 2K13 gonna have some sick teams this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2012, 07:02 PM   #22
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
I love how people like LD2k retweet those videos, that wouldn't be possible without the game being on PC and with all the modding community on sites like NLSC (guess where Ultimate Base Roster comes together), yet PC remains a second-class citizen, getting a patch in March, crashes that 2K won't even acknowledge or help with, dreadful online.

If you like the work that we can do with your game 2K, help us dammit! Give us a game that's equal to its console counterparts, don't care if you match the price. Give us proper support, give us patches on time, give us DLC.

I'm not expecting an SDK due to licensing issues, nobody from 2K would ever acknowledge UBR even exists, because they haven't paid for these teams to be in the game. That's what makes modding NBA 2K different from modding games like Skyrim. Bethesda doesn't care about licenses, it's its own property. 2K uses the NBA license, however.

But just imagine what we could do if 2K treated the PC version equally, and if it made it easier for us to mod it. -sigh- Never gonna happen.
Great vid by Shady. Just as a by the way I have been talking to them about the pc version and it popularity and that I think more people would purchase it it it were patched in a timely manner.

So I have made them aware of the pains. Have not idea if it will change but i spoke up early and often about it. I can't go into the response but I am hopeful they find a way to get the pc more love. It is bad mojo to talk to a dev about modding however so that doesn't help our argument
Old 09-01-2012, 07:19 PM   #23
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer

OVR: 13

A dev that's bound to a restrictive license can't embrace modding, I understand that. That's why I made the comparison to Skyrim, where the devs embrace modding and give the modders all the tools and support they need.

I'm sure 2K is aware of what goes on in the modding communities. I'm sure they're aware of Ultimate Base Roster for example. And I'm pretty positive they'd like to make that a selling point for PC users, but it's not their call to make.

I'm just here doing my wishful thinking Czar. I'm not expecting things to change modding-wise, or for 2K devs to acknowledge modders and their work publicly.

Just give us PC users some love, since modding just keeps giving people incentive to buy the game long after console sales have died down. Can't imagine how many units were sold after Ultimate Base Roster gained traction, and how many users bought a second copy on PC after having the game on a console, just to experience the full capabilities of the game that can only be brought out by modding.

You don't have to acknowledge our work, but we're doing more work than you could ever do, and we're doing it for free, and we're getting you sales, and the only thing we're asking in return, is to be an equal citizen of the franchise.

Is that too much to ask?

P.S. By the way, Czar, no offense but if it's such bad mojo to talk to a developer about modding, I'm guessing LD2k is breaking many of 2K's devs' hearts by retweeting all the videos that Shady made that were using a mod.

It shouldn't be bad mojo if you ask me. 2K devs should be proud to have such dedicated communities keeping the game fresh and getting them sales. They can't embrace it publicly for all the reasons I already mentioned, but come on, bad mojo?
Novato, CA, USA

Last edited by Leftos; 09-01-2012 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Added P.S. about bad mojo
Old 09-01-2012, 07:37 PM   #24
Basketball Reasons

Drewski's Arena

OVR: 23

That was awesome, even got ol' boy Duhon in on the fun.

Great stuff! Can't wait for the season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »