Home

NHL 13 Hockey Ultimate Team Trailer and Blog

This is a discussion on NHL 13 Hockey Ultimate Team Trailer and Blog within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2012, 05:56 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 13 Hockey Ultimate Team Trailer and Blog

It does seem like salary caps are in place for at least some tournaments, so that is good. And career limits may not be as big of a deal as I originally thought.

To be honest, I mostly play HUT offline, as it really does reward the worst online gameplay behaviors. There is far more quitting (which can ruin a tournament run) and cheese results in higher puck totals.

They added the ability to play friends last year. So any time I wanted to take my team online, I only played folks from my friends list.

So my initial reaction was a bit premature.

You know, I would love it if they could let you use your HUT team in private league play. It would be fun to set up a six team league with our own salary cap. It wouldn't even have to count for pucks. It would just be a cool addition to the experience. HUT teams are so much more personal than NHL teams.
Old 09-01-2012, 06:25 PM   #18
Pro

[Icy]'s Arena

OVR: 8
The dumbed it down to be played like fifa hut, but they forgot the biggest difference between soccer and hockey, that is the the top soccer players are playing in the leagues worldwide, while the top hockey players play mainly in only one league, the nhl.

I'm going to miss a lot to sign young prospects to develop them, now there only use for players from outside the nhl will be for tournaments that require you to have only chl players etc.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:10 AM   #19
Rookie

Agreed. Young talent becomes pointless.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:54 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: NHL 13 Hockey Ultimate Team Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Triton
No salary cap or career limits? Way to suck some of the strategic fun out of a great mode. What a waste.
I didn't use the mode much but this is the first thing I thought of too.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:44 PM   #21
Rookie

Re: NHL 13 Hockey Ultimate Team Trailer and Blog

So what is the purpose of training young players if veterans last forever and have better overalls to begin with?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »