Home

FIFA 13 Gameplay Videos and More

This is a discussion on FIFA 13 Gameplay Videos and More within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2012, 01:28 PM   #9
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19
I agree with what others have posted. It looks similar to Fifa 12 and quite honestly does not look very good. Still going to try the demo but it looks like I may be back to the other game this year.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:20 PM   #10
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: FIFA 13 Gameplay Videos and More

I'm not sure what difficulty level or game speed was used for the Chelsea - Liverpool match, but I agree that CPU Chelsea were really terrible. They refused to pass the ball to the wings and generally looked to be in a rush to pass the ball back to Bayern. The threat from Chelsea was utterly non-existent. They could have been Cheltenham FC. I counted at least 20 times that Chelsea would pass into the midfield and Hazard, etc. would dribble until dispossessed, ignoring the wings or supporting midfielders.

I also noticed in that game, for the entire first half, 1 foul and zero cards. Ugh.

One other worry, a worry that applies regardless of difficulty settings or game speed: The moment Chelsea got the ball, wherever they were on the pitch, they behaved like it was Do or Die, time to ram the ball up the field and try to score as though they're on the counter. Like Total Football on meth.

Gimme a break, by the way, with all the use of dribbling gimmicks like rainbows. That sort of thing happens once in a blue moon in a real football game, yet half the FIFA database is capable. See: Ribery @ 13:59 and again at 14:50. So ridiculous. Later in the match, Thomas Mueller dribbles around would-be tacklers like he's Neymar Mueller.

So yeah, having watched all three videos now, especially the Bayern / Chelsea game, I'm officially disheartened. I only play against the CPU, so that more or less constitutes a dealbreaker if it's as bad as the video showed.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:51 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0
You are all completely right. The gameplay every years gets worse, after making big leaps in 09 and 10. I have been playing the Pro Evo demo which plays so well compared to this. All on default with 'Top Player' difficulty.

Comparing the videos I have seen above with PES, shows me that realism is firmly back in the Konami camp.

Every year I hear people say that EA have made fatigue really effect people who spam the sprint button. Even the kid commentating in the top video said exactly this while gameplay clearly showed no such effect. I dont bother playing online because of this complete tat. Only a handful of players in the game should be able to pull off the skills used in the game every 30 seconds. Why dont they introduce a 'cool off' effect in the game where players cant keep running skill moves every few seconds.

The biggest concern I have - which was brought up in an above post - is that there is no sideways/backwards play. Everything is forward in a flat out motion. no burst of speed or momentum changes. This game looks like they have ripped the Fifa Street engine out and whacked it straight into Fifa.

I want to see some slow build up play, some side to side passing and a bit of keeper work. Instead its just an 11-a-side kiddie friendly Fifa Street.

I am firmly in the Konami camp again, which has been a long time coming. You see passing all over the park from the CPU and smart build up play. Nothing new from Fifa, including the same horrible old keeper animations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2012, 05:07 PM   #12
BOOM!

gerg1234's Arena

OVR: 15

I really hope they fix the microstuttering problem on PC, because FIFA 12 plays great with the mods that are out there...outside of the microstuttering.

May kill the preorder for the Xbox and go PC only this season.
San Francisco Giants
Chicago Blackhawks
MLS: Portland Timbers
EPL: Liverpool FC
Old 09-05-2012, 06:52 PM   #13
Rookie

THE YAMA's Arena

OVR: 10
Love the videos. I cannot wait for this game! Lets see some Real Madrid videos!
Old 09-05-2012, 07:18 PM   #14
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7

My biggest problem is that I love the features in the FIFA Career Mode and I love the graphics and presentation. It's just slick. However, having seen gameplay videos for PES and FIFA 13, the actual football is much better for PES this year.

I downloaded the Demo 2 for PES and I'll play it tonight. My hopes that FIFA would continue to become even a decent sim are slowly dying.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:59 PM   #15
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Wow.

Glad I saw these videos. I cannot justify getting this game.

Even as a casual soccer fan..this is just ridiculous.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2012, 09:15 PM   #16
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23

Damn. These are not the FIFA 13 gameplay videos I was hoping to see.

One thing is obvious - anyone frustrated with the unrealistic, arcade online cheese factor in 12 is going to continue to be frustrated. Granted I saw a lot of poor defending but the one-man offense is more powerful than ever with nothing to compensate the defense. Even more frightening, now that the offensive AI isn't just standing there like dullards. Online GPG is going to be through the roof this year.

Also disappointed that the user interface is pretty much untouched other than a few replaced textures. I guess all of the work this year went into training everyone how to dribble like Ronaldo (which apparently any two star player can pull off those moves) and beefing up EA's pay-wall UT services. I know for a fact EA has said they didn't really do anything to differentiate team playstyles and that they left those difference up to the supposed 'player ID' to take care of.

Overall I don't see much in the gameplay that stands out from 12. I didn't really see where stamina comes into play and even the one commentator said it really was only a big deal if you are holding sprint when first touch. Which means streaking up the field twirling like the Tasmanian Devil or sprint/pressing the entire time on defense is still a solid tactic. OhFUN!

My problem is I only wanted FIFA for online play and thought it might be different this year. I was wrong. When it comes to offline play why would I bother with FIFA? To get any enjoyment from the game I find it is best to play on manual, which unfortunately sucks offline since the CPU pass rating never dips below 90%.

Oh....and is it just me or does PES graphics blow FIFA away. Not the animations, which we all know is FIFA's domain, but the actual look of the players, fields and stadiums. PES13 just looks more realistic and, from the looks of it, plays much better vs CPU. Unfortunately I don't think EA is going to make it a choice this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »