Home

FIFA 13 Gameplay Videos and More

This is a discussion on FIFA 13 Gameplay Videos and More within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2012, 09:16 AM   #25
Banned

Bugle789's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugle789
i didnt think so why do you think
i do thinks its bad but not really arcadish more just too fast and too skilly
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2012, 10:53 AM   #26
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: FIFA 13 Gameplay Videos and More

Quote:
i didnt think so why do you think
FIFA caters to a more casual style as do most EA Sports do. Besides that I still don't think these videos represent the full potential of the game, it may not look as promising to me but I will reserve full judgement until the I play the full game.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:55 AM   #27
Pro

Panicshade's Arena

OVR: 9

I am going to hold out on any opinion on the game until actually playing it myself when the demo comes out in a few days.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:59 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
i do thinks its bad but not really arcadish more just too fast and too skilly
It is appallingly arcade. Like I said previously, the match engine looks more like Fifa Street. Ever player is constantly doing 360's and all this other rubbish, when in the real world ITS A TEAM SPORT where by you pass the ball around looking for holes in the defence.

Why are really basic things not incorporated, like having both teams further up the pitch on goal kicks. Goal kicks in Fifa have players stood around the 18 yard box, which is ridiculous. This is just one tiny little example, but then you can look at the hugely disproportionate amount of speed and skill carried by every player. It really bugs me as I hoped this would be the year the game would come together.

I love all of the little touches like adding moving security and players warming up, but when those constant 25 yard screamers go in nearly every shot, why bother with those little things.
Old 09-06-2012, 01:41 PM   #29
Banned

artmind's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Enough with these kind of posts in here, please. If you see something specific you don't like or feel is not up to par, by all means, make your point. However, we're not going to have FIFA v PES crap in either game forum. Take the generalizations and rhetoric to some other site if that's how you choose to discuss games.
A picture is worth a thousand words

Let's start with the fact that EA sport for a long time is trying to play not so honestly with their consumers. I don't even want to go into details about what exactly I don't like in current Fifa. It's so obvious! Does it really hard to slow down a little, the pace of a game for example, and make it more real?! I don't think so, they just don't need it, because it would be torture for casual players. During the existence of Fifa was not made any significant attempts to variety of team play and player's individuality, this is terrible. My ideal of soccer game is the one where I can play it for 45 minutes for a half, and a minimum of 1.30 hour for a whole game, with real amounts of yellow cards and goals. Do you think that EA sport will ever release that type of pace in soccer? I highly doubt it.
Konami definitely may create opportunity for us to change pace of the game to real one. With all imperfection of PES2011, I got a real pleasure playing 20 minutes for a half. I hate when EA sports releases its beautiful trailers, loudly announce that this year gameplay is so realistic than ever before and when you start playing you realize that you were cheated.
NBA Live was smashed by NBA2k, nothing more to say. British devs reveal a different level of American football simulation, as you know they have license problem, but Backbreaker had a great potential. If this game would receive further development, Madden would have suffered from the same fate as NBA Live. So as I said before, It's EA sport's arcadish type of business

Last edited by artmind; 09-06-2012 at 02:40 PM.
Old 09-06-2012, 03:57 PM   #30
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Ummm, artmind, I said NO generalizations and rhetoric. Seriously man, I'm trying to be diplomatic about this, but please stop posting this stuff. The fact you're extending it to other sports only makes it worse. You can dislike EA Sports all you want, but please leave your agenda at the door if you want to discuss the games at OS.

We encourage critical and, above all, civil discussions. We don't need parroted platitudes about business/marketing practices. Thank you for your cooperation.
Old 09-06-2012, 05:14 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 0
I dont understand how they made a huge turnaround in 09 and 10. The pace was right, the style of play was getting better and the game started representing what it says on the box. Last year seemed like a step back, and now this year its more pokemon-esque card rubbish with sped up skill stick trash.

I know we can tweak a very few amount of things in the game like game speed, but out of the box it should at the very least have a correct flow. This seems to be the general rule of thumb with EA. Every sports game is tweaked to play quite well and then they just speed it up so children dont get 'bored'.

Very hit and miss (no pun intended)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2012, 06:37 PM   #32
AB>

Moses Shuttlesworth's Arena

OVR: 34

As much as I want to buy this game, why does it look more arcadish than 12?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »