Home

FIFA 13 Gameplay Video - Real Madrid vs. Chelsea

This is a discussion on FIFA 13 Gameplay Video - Real Madrid vs. Chelsea within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2012, 08:16 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: FIFA 13 Gameplay Video - Real Madrid vs. Chelsea

Honestly, I'm a little shocked to see so much negativity here. Just about everything I've read about the new FIFA has said that's it's a definite step up from last year and the best console representation of the game yet. Now, those are obviously subjective opinions, but I felt like FIFA 12 was the best video game representation of any sport I've played. Granted, I've only been a soccer fan for about 4 years now. But I think you've got to look at the context of this video. Anytime you get two guys playing each other, it changes the game a little bit. Every time a defender did something stupid, he had a little arrow floating over his head. I play offline a lot more than I do online, but when I do go online, it's a completely different game. A lot of guys are holding down that sprint button, charging into every tackle, and only going forward. But I find that if I play smart soccer, I'm rewarded and usually win those games. That's what I love about FIFA versus any other sports game. When guys start pulling that kind of junk online in say, NHL or Madden, I can't beat it, so I don't play online. But I can beat it in FIFA by playing smart soccer. Sorry to ramble, but my point is that you've got two guys here both pulling that junk. I don't think it means the game's gonna be incredibly arcadey. I think it means that's how they play.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:22 AM   #18
jb1
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzman1522
I play offline a lot more than I do online, but when I do go online, it's a completely different game. A lot of guys are holding down that sprint button, charging into every tackle, and only going forward. But I find that if I play smart soccer, I'm rewarded and usually win those games. That's what I love about FIFA versus any other sports game. When guys start pulling that kind of junk online in say, NHL or Madden, I can't beat it, so I don't play online. But I can beat it in FIFA by playing smart soccer. Sorry to ramble, but my point is that you've got two guys here both pulling that junk. I don't think it means the game's gonna be incredibly arcadey. I think it means that's how they play.
Spot on about playing FIFA online, more often than not you will be rewarded for playing a smart strategic game vs those headless chicken types, while I would rather play against people who play like myself I do enjoy playing the ball around those who just sprint, press, tackle and skill move relentlessly. It's one of the reasons I will still probably get the game as it's the only sports game that I play that I feel I can do that with.

As for this video, you're right that it's difficult to read too much into a user v user matchup but I am still concerned with what I have seen from the CPU in some videos thus far, they do seem somewhat too arcadey for my taste.
Old 09-08-2012, 12:10 PM   #19
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb1
I am still concerned with what I have seen from the CPU in some videos thus far, they do seem somewhat too arcadey for my taste.
I agree. The vidoes that I have seen with the CPU involved still don't look great to me. We'll see what happens on tuesday when we get the demo
Old 09-09-2012, 01:55 PM   #20
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

To me there just hasn't been any videos showing a slower type game. Obviously I know there will be settings to turn the speed down. In FIFA 12 every game seemed the same to me. I tried so many slider sets and what not, and don't get me wrong the game is fun but every game was up and down action even with the game speed slowed down. Sure the User can slow it down but the CPU doesn't. It's exactly like the AI in the NHL series. Everything is north south without the CPU setting up the play. It's boring. I want different types of games where teams play different styles. Not every team can push the play. As any soccer guy knows teams work the ball around to find space and push the play at proper times. That's how soccer should be represented. Not just going back and forth with action the whole time.

As people have said they cater to the more casual players first. Exactly like NHL. It really sucks. It would be one thing if they could find a way to please everyone. I just don't think FIFA shows what soccer is all about. The beauty of the sport is the combination of fast paced action but also the slow tempo. In FIFA it's all about fast paced action. Unless FIFA finds this balance I won't be buying. Even though I have a fun time playing FIFA that staleness is setting in because every game feels the same due to the CPU AI. Extremely similar to how I feel about the NHL series. It's actually amazing how similar the two games are gameplay wise.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »